[Guide] - The New Ryze, A Low AP Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocalypto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2009

eh, you can still do ap ryze. Not many know this, but Archangels staff stacks. the 2% ap bonus i mean. Coupled with the fact that it adds a ****load of mana. Try this build out and watch people ask if overload is your ultimate.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ryze/...cccf5a1c9493d0

You'll end up doing 953 damage with your overload before ulting. All the while maintaining good ap on your other spells.

mermin

12-13-2009

this is the build im playing with and im in high elo.. very nice. thanks a lot OP. probably the 1st guide that i've really 'used'

Meta

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
eh, you can still do ap ryze. Not many know this, but Archangels staff stacks. the 2% ap bonus i mean. Coupled with the fact that it adds a ****load of mana. Try this build out and watch people ask if overload is your ultimate.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ryze/...cccf5a1c9493d0

You'll end up doing 953 damage with your overload before ulting. All the while maintaining good ap on your other spells.
What's to stop you from getting 2-shot?

blurrycloud

12-15-2009

i found abyssal scepter, the magic resist reduction aura is very powerful for ryze, since it stacks with his bouncing balls

CaptainSoda

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
What's to stop you from getting 2-shot?
This is true, another thing you have to factor in is that its rare youll actually get 16k gold by the end of the game.
I normally get 13k gold in a 1 hour game, going over that jeez ;o

Fuertisimo

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0m3runn3r View Post
Hello. I was a fan of the old glass cannon Ryze, and since the nerf/buff (as you want), i'm encoutering some problems. As there was no new guide, i first continued playing with the massive AP build, and even if it was not so OP than before, i usually had a good score and won some games. Then i tried this new low AP build, and i really have a problem with gold. Since auto-attack is now totally weak, the only farming ability is spell flux, but it doesnt seem to be efficient to get enough gold to be competitive (and i think this build is very gear-dependant). Even with the ult which permits to kill one wave rapidly, but that's it.
The other problem is, i am not as useful as before in team fights : in early-mid game, with low-ranked overload and not always the ult up (as it is used for farming), my damage is laughable, and in late game, with 3k+ mana and low AP, i have a very low burst.
Am I missing something ? Any advice is welcome

And sorry if there are some language mistakes, I'm a french player !
Im having the same issue with this build, I'm finding it extremely hard to farm early game as it feels like ryze sucks for last hitting so unless you're getting a bunch of kills/assists early I feel like it takes a long time for this build to develop.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-22-2009

Fuertisimo and H0m3runn3r - Once you've got your ulti, farming should be no problem, so it's only up to level 6 that it's a bit harder to get minion kills. One of the reasons I have my skill build set up in that order is to get around this. By leaving Overload at level 1 early on, you get a 50 mana spell that does upwards of 100 damage. I use Overload to last hit creeps both, because it does more than auto attack and to continue to build up the mana on Tear of the Goddess.

Spell Flux is nice for last hitting multiple creeps, but it's bounce pattern is unpredictable and it really doesn't shine until you have your ult. Between Overload and timed auto-attacks you should be able to clean up your lane early on.

Telandra

12-22-2009

I must say that ever since I looked into this build, I've been using Ryze as a main. I stacked my mana rune page pretty full, neglecting health or cooldown reduction runes. Mostly just for the hell of it, but also because seal and marks are only 18% less effective than the primary glyphs of knowledge. I usually just rely on grabbing the golem buff as often as I can, and that plus Frozen heart / masteries easily matches that 40%.

I also use as my summoner abilities Clairvoyance and Ghost. Clair is always good to have when no one else on the team has one, but also I find it very useful when I'm chasing down enemies running through bushes. Not to mention it's good early on to prevent myself from getting ganked, because as you said, early-game Ryze is squishy, at least until you get treads+banshee's veil.

Mzum

12-22-2009

Lower Level summoner's may find Strength of Spirit to be a nice boon, after putting 9 points into the offense tree. With Ryze's penchant for stacking mana early, Strength of Spirit (Converts .03% of your maximum mana into health regeneration), effect becomes quite noticeable. Combined with Clarity (I know! For shame!) and Ignite, Ryze's early and mid game becomes quite strong. He roams and can neutral creep fairly well. Boots of Mobility add to this, as well as helping initiate (when necessary).

Nothing more satisfying than walking around with a caster with 40+HP5

Telandra

12-22-2009

Strength of spirit is NOT as good as you think it is... Even with 4k Mana it equals 6hp5...your math is so far off. Also, clarity is bad. You have too high a mana pool for clarity to be of much use. If it was a percentage this COULD be different, but even then just grab golem buffs when you can, it's a much better solution to mana problems.

I feel there are also better choices than Ignite, you are already spamming all your cooldowns, adding in ignite into dps rotations can just make things clunky.