Elo Hell Does Exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claptrap Bot

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Silver: "No, you can't have blue" -Jungle Shen
"GG noob mid" -2/10 ADC Teemo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bernkastar

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Your point? Statistical anomalies can exist in every statistics. You're not presenting anything new here, except maybe to idiots who never understood statistics. For every person who is in Elo Hell (very, very small percentage of the population), there's someone in Elo Heaven. But that percentage is people who are in either is so low that it's worthless it talk about it. People like to think that they're statistical anomalies but they're likely not.

Also, your lack of proper grammar and coherence makes it difficult for me to understand what you're trying to say. If you want to make an argument, don't do it half-assedly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malza

Senior Member

03-09-2013

The problem with this is, EVERYONE in low ELO says they are in it. Sure, maybe 1 in 10000 people actually have it but I doubt it's 10000 out of the 10000 people like they all say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speedkat

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloSatan View Post
People like to say that there is no such thing as Elo Hell.

They say because if you never leave games, never disconnect, you have like, a 55% higher chance of being on the team that doesn't get the leaver afk.

Granted. That's a great argument.

Now here is mine.

If there is a 1% possibility, there is a 99% possibility.
All of these possibilities can exist, so in fact, they do exist.

Just because statistically, it SHOULD BE 55%, that doesn't mean that it only being 5% DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Statistically, no one should win the lottery, because on the individual basis, the chance is so small. But when you look at it from the whole group of people playing,
with 42 million people buying lottery tickets with a 1 in 100 million chance, someone will win the lottery, statistically, about once every 2 weeks.

This logic applies to ELOHell.

Just because on each individual basis, the percentage should be around 55% of your not getting the feeder, and your win percentage should ultimately fall around 50% based on match making,

There will be those few who just have bad luck.

If the possibility exists, then it IS HAPPENING.

Some people ARE getting the short straw repeatedly.
Some people ARE getting the team with the feeder, with the AFK, the whiney ****** bags OVER AND OVER.

Not as many as most people claim. Alot of them are just bad and deserve to be where they are.

But statistically, if you flip a coin 100 times in a row, it IS possible for it to never come up heads. Highly unlikely, but it IS POSSIBLE.

Since there are millions of people playing this game, It has to be expected that there are at least THOUSANDS of people who just have bad luck.

TLR

Elo Hell Exists

-The guy who can make the claim best.

*update 1* Still no sound 100% complete refuting of the arguement. Claim of EloHell's Existence remains, Highly accepted that the number of people who are held back by bad luck is a small number in the thousands, in comparison to the millions who play this game daily.
Say you play 100 games. And get the 45% short end of the stick in every single one of them. Let's calculate that, shall we?

45% (or .45)
raised to the 100th power (100 games)
equals...? 2.09*10^-35

Also known as .0000000000000000000000000000000000209

But that's still a chance right? and if there's a chance then it will happen right?

Consider the lottery. By your numbers, that's a .000000001 chance of winning played by 42000000 people. That equals a .42 chance of SOMEONE winning each play.
.0000000000000000000000000000000000209 * (assume everyone EVERYWHERE plays LoL) 7000000000 ==

*drumroll*

1.4*10^-25

That's the chance that someone gets only 100 short ends of the stick.

Sorry, math says you're wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X n

Senior Member

03-09-2013

elo hell exists


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorcia

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICY CURRY View Post
I like his name


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EloSatan

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloMidKarthus View Post
Your point? Statistical anomalies can exist in every statistics. You're not presenting anything new here, except maybe to idiots who never understood statistics. For every person who is in Elo Hell (very, very small percentage of the population), there's someone in Elo Heaven. But that percentage is people who are in either is so low that it's worthless it talk about it. People like to think that they're statistical anomalies but they're likely not.

Also, your lack of proper grammar and coherence makes it difficult for me to understand what you're trying to say. If you want to make an argument, don't do it half-assedly.
I personally feel, that since some people are later proven innocent after being executed by the state;
That there should be no death penalty

One wrongful death is too many.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorcia

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuRPG View Post
For some reason silver has majority of the player base, not bronze. I think something is wrong here, I believe that's because some players get "luck" out after placement matches. If you win more than 5 out of 10 placement matches, you are in silver. I don't like the new system, I want the old elo system back.
I'm pretty sure thats because Silver is conisdered average skill, and most players are average.
I like the old elo system better just because its faster to rank up on winning sprees, and also acted as your MMR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EloSatan

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedkat View Post
Say you play 100 games. And get the 45% short end of the stick in every single one of them. Let's calculate that, shall we?

45% (or .45)
raised to the 100th power (100 games)
equals...? 2.09*10^-35

Also known as .0000000000000000000000000000000000209

But that's still a chance right? and if there's a chance then it will happen right?

Consider the lottery. By your numbers, that's a .000000001 chance of winning played by 42000000 people. That equals a .42 chance of SOMEONE winning each play.
.0000000000000000000000000000000000209 * (assume everyone EVERYWHERE plays LoL) 7000000000 ==

*drumroll*

1.4*10^-25

That's the chance that someone gets only 100 short ends of the stick.

Sorry, math says you're wrong.
you're multiplying it in a sense that it has to equal 45%.

It only has to be 45% or less. any number below 45% would also be acceptable in ensuring the inability to advance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loooooooololol

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloMidKarthus View Post
Your point? Statistical anomalies can exist in every statistics. You're not presenting anything new here, except maybe to idiots who never understood statistics. For every person who is in Elo Hell (very, very small percentage of the population), there's someone in Elo Heaven. But that percentage is people who are in either is so low that it's worthless it talk about it. People like to think that they're statistical anomalies but they're likely not.

Also, your lack of proper grammar and coherence makes it difficult for me to understand what you're trying to say. If you want to make an argument, don't do it half-assedly.
Unless you have a degree in mathematics don't pretend you understand statistics. Also educated young adults don't actually type with proper grammar outside of school. You see we spend thousands of hours worrying about grammar on an essay, an interview, and etc. when we aren't focusing on school we don't focus on grammar.

Your claim is retarded and I'm guessing your ( yes not you're cuz i dont want to type that) a wannabe that is not actually educated and doesn't understand where grammar is needed and where it's not