Elo Hell Does Exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EloSatan

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
OP is correct to an extent but the many plat nerds will come and shoot down any counterargument by defying logic, lol
They will avoid this thread like the plague.

Because it could infect and destroy their feelings of self-worth.

Because that means if there are THOUSANDS of people who statistically get the worse team almost every game. . . .

The counter means there are THOUSANDS of people who statistically get the BEST team almost every game.

Where is that chart that shows how many people are in platinum and above?

LilMikeyV

03-09-2013

And I do not believe OP's post claimed that every person on GD claiming its not there fault they are in Elo hell is right. He said it does exist, and some people end up screwed by it. 'Not all' =/= 'None'
Not everyone at low tier deserve higher, but being low tier doesn't automatically mean you don't deserve to move up.

Alumenlux

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloSatan View Post

Because that means if there are THOUSANDS of people who statistically get the worse team almost every game. . . .

The counter means there are THOUSANDS of people who statistically get the BEST team almost every game.

Thousands of thousands = millions

The chance of a statistically worse team (given 55% parameter and assuming 200 games played is about .0001%)

Tens of people, not thousands. Tens. Math'd

Before you make ignorant generalizations re elo tier, let me just save you some time and tell you that I don't think tier means anything whatsoever and I'm not necessarily better than a silver. This is purely mathematical and yea

JUICY CURRY

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloSatan View Post

Avoid the thread? D:...well I used to be a silver like you...
Meh why not!

My friend wanted me to duo carry his ass
his smurf (me): http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21788224#history
him:http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28734219#history

my usual:http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20233573

tbh if you really want to hard carry you will. A diamond player once told me that as long as you have more presence then you will win. Just rape every single lane before they have the chance to feed.

keep in mind... this is that bronze **** people usually call elo hell

EloSatan

03-09-2013

http://imgur.com/a/xTVoW

Would you look at that. . . .

11095 people in platinum.

How many threads do we read about people in platinum wondering how the hell so and so got to plat?

It's my theory that the amount of people in platinum and above is a direct inverse to how many people are in elo hell.

Considering that it is well known that there are people in platinum that shouldn't be there,

Then that means there are people in forever bronze who shouldn't be.

EloSatan

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
Thousands of thousands = millions

The chance of a statistically worse team (given 55% parameter and assuming 200 games played is about .0001%)

Tens of people, not thousands. Tens. Math'd

Before you make ignorant generalizations re elo tier, let me just save you some time and tell you that I don't think tier means anything whatsoever and I'm not necessarily better than a silver. This is purely mathematical and yea
it doesn't have to be the worst team every game in a row.

It can be the worst team simply 66% of the time, and that will be enough to halt advancement.

Being 66% out of 200 is a helluva lot more probable than 100% of 200. Which opens up the door to ALOT more people.

You can't look at only the 1%

You HAVE to take into account the 1%, the 2%, the 3%, the 4%, the 5%, the 6%, the 7%, the 8%, all the way to around 37% to remain throttled by BAD LUCK.

EloSatan

03-09-2013

One in 11.5 million chance to be killed in a Shark Attack.

Does this low number mean no one is ever killed by sharks?

EloSatan

03-09-2013

The only way ELO Hell COULD NOT exist is if Riot Coded it's match making algorithm to give you the good team 50% of the time, refusing to match you with worse players if you had fallen below the 50% threshold.

We all know this doesn't happen. So since it can happen that you statistically get the worse team repeatedly, then in some cases, it IS HAPPENING.

EloSatan

03-09-2013

Saying that there are Thousands of people stuck in elo hell, which is happening, the same ratio of elo hell inhabitants to total player base must also be applied to the people in platinum above.

Meaning:

There are HUNDREDS of people in Platinum and above who DO NOT deserve to be there.

EloSatan

03-09-2013

lol @ at the plats drive by downvoting to shelter their ego's from the truth.