How do you feel about this?

Great idea! Whoever made this must be very clever and sexy! 2 33.33%
Don't think it's a good idea. 0 0%
Meh, if they want to add it in I don't mind. 3 50.00%
It sucks donkey balls 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Suggestion: Achievement/Unlockable Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3yCallMePat

03-09-2013

Okay, so I see all of my friends that have nearly all of the champions and runes, with easily 50k IP, and are sitting with nothing to do, nothing to strive for, only playing ranked games over and over to get high rankings. It really isn't fun. So this is what I propose.

If you are a level 30, you will be able to unlock a free skin for every champion. These will be new skins (with all the same theme, maybe for example "Pro _______"), that will not show on the skins tab until unlocked. After you get whatever number of kills with that champion (say 100 or 200), you will have to do the next challenge (get 5 quadras and 1 penta). Then, you will be able to buy the skin for about 10k-20k IP.

This way, unlike the other suggestions, you cannot just buy skins with IP, you have to earn them and even when you do, it won't be one of the RP skins. It gives players something else to work for after they run out of things to do.

What do you guys think?

ValorAndGlory

03-09-2013

While this idea has been suggested many times before, but as with the others I personally see the same problem.

The problem that stands in the way is three pronged in nature, the first prong is you will flood servers with achievement hunters that only play games to get them and will rage quit and queue dodge if they don't get there way, second prong being that players with these skins would feel like they are better then other players who don't have them(regardless of actual skill level), and the third prong being that if you add an achievement system to the game what would stop someone from just starting up a custom or even a Co-op game and just farming for them also though you can't really exclude the co-op community seeing how a lot of players do spend at least one or two games a day in co-op for first win and what not, not to mention all of the players that prefer co-op over normals or ranked do to the more relaxed nature of the games.

My suggestion is that if you could come up with...
A- enough skin themes to cover the achievement groups
B- Achievements that support skills for teamwork in addition to individual skills

While you wouldn't solve all of the problems with hunters and what not you would at least lessen the impact that trolls could have on all of the achievements that you could get for any given champion.

Th3yCallMePat

03-09-2013

ValorandGlory, you have great points, these would not be easy to fix were we to add a system like this.
Achievements for teamwork would be a great idea, and also a system that takes away your skins for quitters/dodgers. Sorta like the honor ribbon system.

The second prong is pretty much human nature, people with more trophies and achievements will always flaunt and show off, but I don't see this as a major problem. You really can't fix this, but this shouldn't be a reason why we can't have this.

As for the co-op problem, I never really thought of that.
I haven't played much co-op and this has really never crossed my mind. What I would do is possibly give them more of a challenge, with a higher score in order to get the achievements.

Thanks for the feedback