Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Was this ban justified?

Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters 63 .

This ban is not justified

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adeafpony

03-09-2013

The policy according to lyte is if you say ONE thing wrong in any of your games then you deserved to be punished. I'm reporting everyone now anytime they remotely say anything to me.

percyphone

Recruiter

03-09-2013

Quote:
GoinForDiamond:
I only threatened to report them so that they would play more positively and lead the game to a victory.

yes, been threatened help and reinforce positive thinking. It makes you more likable and less likely to get reported yourself. /sarc

GoinForDiamond

03-09-2013

I still strongly disagree with this suspension after seeing other threads asking for forgiveness. This doesn't even compare. I understand I shouldn't have spammed "report so and so". However, I don't think it is right to punish me for an entire week and get me that much closer to risking a perm.

AeroWaffle

03-09-2013

Just for further knowledge, saying that you're going to report someone (or asking to report someone) is another form of harassment. You're threatening the livelihood of their account. You're just using the system to do it.

GoinForDiamond

03-09-2013

Quote:
AeroWaffle:
Just for further knowledge, saying that you're going to report someone (or asking to report someone) is another form of harassment. You're threatening the livelihood of their account. You're just using the system to do it.

So technically, that lux deserves to be banned then.

Elanorien

Recruiter

03-09-2013

One thing no one has touched upon is that you said you were on a smurf...was it low level? If so, remember you may be playing with ACTUAL new players, crazy concept, I know. New players don't always know League etiquette and terminology, and it's up to you to constructively guide them and create a positive experience to help them progress.

I'm not sure how you thought threatening your teammates was the right way to motivate them. And as someone else said, it doesn't matter how many players file a report against someone in a single game, what matters is how many games they're reported in. The amount of reports per game make no difference. If they truly are the negative, trolly people you say they are, they'll wind up here themselves sooner or later.

I have to say I would punish, as asking for Honor is listed as a reportable offense, and begging and spamming for reports has been deemed negative behavior.

All of that said, on a semi-unrelated note, used to post here a lot haven't been around in a while...PrivateBaldric, I have to say I enjoy you

PrivateBaldric

03-09-2013

Quote:
GoinForDiamond:
So technically, that lux deserves to be banned then.

It was a report worthy action. Deserving of a ban requires you to make it to the tribunal first (excepting Leaverbuster bans). Now if they had the requisite percentage of reports then yes they would likely have been banned for the same basic thing. This also assuming the random sample shows us this game.

Sorry I don't really do short versions hehe.

getpawn

03-09-2013

The tribunal is screw up, thats whats up, you didn't even curse on all 5 cases, and you get ban for telling people to report bad player, thats is just a load of BS.

NerTea

03-10-2013

this is a huge mistake from tribunal that's all i have to say

Mattrules123

03-10-2013

Why the hell are you smurfing and complaining about people that arent that good. Also, your name says going for diamond that will never happen if you complain about everything. I hope you get banned.