Was this ban justified?

Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

This ban is not justified

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Quote:
Katarina [00:01:37] +honor me then
Riot is very strict about honor wh0ring.

gnfnrf

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinForDiamond View Post
So, you're saying that I deserve to be banned for trying to remove the players that actually deserve bans from the community. I get punished for trying to rid everyone else of toxic players. Good argument.
No.

If you want to remove the players, report them. Saying "Report X" doesn't remove anyone. Actually reporting people who deserve it does. Saying "Report X" antagonizes them and makes the game about who is getting reported, not who is winning.

Quote:
You left out the fact that in most of those games I said "gj" if someone made a play etc.
Being nice some of the time doesn't cancel out being a jerk the rest of the time.

Quote:
AND VOLIBEAR hadn't talked in over 5 minutes. The last time he spoke he said "**** you kat" and other abusive statements. I didn't mean literally he hasn't spoken all game.
Well, that's what you literally said. In allchat, where the other team couldn't see the evidence that you were lying.

GoinForDiamond

03-09-2013

Either way, asking to have toxic players reported should not result in a ban myself. Especially a full week.

percyphone

Recruiter

03-09-2013

You should stop telling your team that you are going to report so-and-so. It just bring you some retaliatory reports.

Also, your case was pardoned by a few peoples. I would have pardoned myself but i understand why some would have punished.

PrivateBaldric

03-09-2013

Quote:
Either way, asking to have toxic players reported should not result in a ban myself. Especially a full week.
You asked why you were punished. This has been explained. A single report in a game carries the same weight as many reports.

Asking for or telling someone you are reporting them does exactly what for the game? Does it make the person threatened stop their behavior? Do they suddenly follow your lead and do as you wish?

Sections 1 and 3 of the summoners code are the main violations here.

I.Support your team
Relevant portion:
Quote:
Once you get in game, try to keep an open line of communication. Warn your teammates if someone is missing from your lane, or if something is placing them in immediate danger. If they’re not paying attention to chat you can always try pinging the map. Just remember that one ping is enough! Also, remember that you have to be there to contribute, so don’t leave the game or go AFK! Encourage players who are having trouble, and congratulate those who are playing well. And most of all, if you’re having a bad game don’t take it out on your team!
III. Facilitate Civil Discussion
Quote:
As we mentioned earlier, we want you to give feedback, but being part of the community doesn’t stop there. Whether you’re in chat, in a game, or on the forums, there are plenty of people to meet, and plenty of topics to discuss. Whether you’re discussing game balance and champion viability, trying to form a premade team, or just want to express your affection for the legendary and infamous Gentleman Cho’gath, we encourage you to share your thoughts with other players.

When you choose to participate in a discussion with the rest of the playerbase, always try to be receptive to another player’s point of view. If you keep an open mind, you’d be surprised what valuable information you can glean from your fellow players. Also, be mindful of how you present your point of view. If a player feels strongly on a subject, don’t get caught up trying to have the last word. Just state your side and exit the conversation gracefully rather than give them the opportunity to pick a fight.

I understand your frustration. That does not however give you license to create a negative environment. Lux in your second game even said you were doing so. Your own teammate was upset with you for your actions. You had no beef with Lux and yet they were negatively effected by your actions.

This is a very clear example as to why report call out /begging is punishable. It also does not matter what the other players were doing. Could have been the most toxic player alive potentially ruining your game. It does not give you permission to be toxic yourself.

Additional Note: The length of ban is part of a progressive system. 1st punish is a warning, 2nd is a 3 day ban, 3rd is a week, 4th is 2 weeks, 5th is review for potential permaban. The severity of your actions or lack there of is not taken in to account. It is based on willingness to reform. If you are unwilling to reform or take seriously what advice you are given you risk losing your account. This is your choice to make.

N0peTheVagineer

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Master Yi [00:00:18] go bot please or reported
18 seconds before you use report as a thread in the third game instead of a tool.

Master Yi [00:01:03] nidalee is trolling me and already verbal abuse

What did Nidalee say?

Nidalee [00:00:25] lol
Nidalee [00:00:27] i hate you?
Nidalee [00:00:32] i called first plz
Nidalee [00:00:43] gj Volibear

People don't like that.

You appear to report and declare everyone a troll who doesn't do what you want. Punish deserved. I didn't review 1 or 2 because I expect those to be posted above me.
dude your a ****ing ******.. rofl..

N0peTheVagineer

03-09-2013

Quote:
Just got my smurf banned for nothing. Literally nothing. All i did over these games is ask the enemy team to report the people on my team that would push my lane, even if i was in it. Which we all can agree is frustrating. This ban is not justified, I did not deserve it. Not once did I harass or negatively speak towards another player. Please Riot, fix the tribunal system. No one cares what happens to other people, just themselves. Please vote, was it justified.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6269229/#nogo
u get an upvote since u WERE wrongfully justified. you dont deserve the ban. you did nothing wrong so yea these kids saying u did are obvious Trolls who **** the Tribunal daily.

PrivateBaldric

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy5 View Post
u get an upvote since u WERE wrongfully justified. you dont deserve the ban. you did nothing wrong so yea these kids saying u did are obvious Trolls who **** the Tribunal daily.
Easy to make generalizations about what you feel. Back your statements up with proof. Show based on what others have said where it does not violate rules. Not what you think it should be but on what is actually viewable and observable.

/gauntlet thrown

AraMoOse

03-09-2013

I recommend you not threaten to report people. If you feel they deserve a report, just report them. Threatening them is just blackmail and not the kind of behavior I'm hoping to see when trying to entertain myself.

Now you have something going for you, you don't go crazy and start swearing at people ; I like that. I wouldn't put you in the same camp as the more chronic people (like thatoneguy for example), who know what they're doing wrong and would rather keep doing it than play the game.

I'd be willing to accept that you just didnt realize you were threatening people. I wish you hadn't gotten the ban, but at least you learned something from it. You're not a dick, you don't feed, you don't give up... Go play SimCity for a week and I'm sure now that you know not to threaten people, you'll never get reported again.

GoinForDiamond

03-09-2013

I only threatened to report them so that they would play more positively and lead the game to a victory.