There needs to be more/better report options

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an actual dog

Senior Member

03-11-2013

A lot of times someone is doing something that definitely should be reported but there's technically nothing to report them for, for example what do you report someone for when they pick a lane that has already been picked? "refusing to communicate with team" is the only one that sort of works but it's not really accurate. There needs to be a "refusing to cooperate" option.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vocal Trance

Senior Member

03-11-2013

What you fail to see is if someone picks a role/champ of a lane that's already chosen, ITS NOT TROLLING. Are you breaking LoL rules by picking a lane that's already chosen? NO. All you're doing is trying something new.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an actual dog

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualizer View Post
What you fail to see is if someone picks a role/champ of a lane that's already chosen, ITS NOT TROLLING. Are you breaking LoL rules by picking a lane that's already chosen? NO. All you're doing is trying something new.
If someone is just innocently "trying something new", they sure aren't making it very clear by saying "stfu i called mid first" in queue chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Brimscone

Senior Member

03-11-2013

The pro meta isn't the only way to play the game and it's debatable where the rules fall on picking out/calling an entire lane for yourself.

Your having a problem with someone wanting to duo top with you is no different than you saying, "im first pick im the only one allowed to go top." Either way one person is deciding how the other person gets to play the game. So, under your idea, one of the two is getting reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an actual dog

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone View Post
The pro meta isn't the only way to play the game and it's debatable where the rules fall on picking out/calling an entire lane for yourself.

Your having a problem with someone wanting to duo top with you is no different than you saying, "im first pick im the only one allowed to go top." Either way one person is deciding how the other person gets to play the game. So, under your idea, one of the two is getting reported.
Wow you're missing the point entirely

it's very easy to distinguish people who are experimenting with the meta from people who are instalocking the role they want because they're still raging over their last game

the offense isn't literally going duo mid or whatever, the offense is not cooperating with the team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Brimscone

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
Wow you're missing the point entirely

it's very easy to distinguish people who are experimenting with the meta from people who are instalocking the role they want because they're still raging over their last game

the offense isn't literally going duo mid or whatever, the offense is not cooperating with the team
Then that's just Failure to Communicate. I don't really get how Failure to Cooperate is any different and somehow needed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an actual dog

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone View Post
Then that's just Failure to Communicate. I don't really get how Failure to Cooperate is any different and somehow needed.
so if it's redundant then can't you say the same thing about Offensive Language, Verbal Abuse and Negative Attitude? and Assisting Enemy Team/Intentionally Feeding?

the report options just suck, they need to be revised.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaabanglyy

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
Wow you're missing the point entirely

it's very easy to distinguish people who are experimenting with the meta from people who are instalocking the role they want because they're still raging over their last game

the offense isn't literally going duo mid or whatever, the offense is not cooperating with the team
The point is though, that "experimenting with the meta" and "instalocking the role they want" are both irrelivent points.

There is not a rule of any sort that Riot has made, will make, or wants to make that says you have to have someone or anyone go to any particular place and play as any particular champ.

The "meta" is simply the generally agreed upon team comp that is believed to be most likely to produce success.

Its not a rule. Think in terms of the NBA. MOST teams field a fairly standard "team comp". Point guard, center, power forward, small forward and shooting guard. It is most likely to produce success. But if team decided they wanted field 5 centers or 5 shooting guards, they would be at liberty to do so. The teams would still be allowed to play. Take it further, maybe one team decides they want to put all of their players on the right side of the court. Again, it might not be ideal or produce the best result, but the league would not have a rule against it.

My point is, bear in mind that I personally in MOST cases support the current meta, there is no rule. You should not really want to report someone for doing something other than the meta because its not your right to tell anyone how to play. Its your job to try and help your team win with whatever team you all field. Take that attitude and I guarantee your win rate will increase! Rather then dooming a game to failure because you have two AP's or "no tank", think, "how can we win this game? how can we prioritze our strengths?