@Lyte / Wookiecookie: I don't understand.

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
Amelie you have to consider the context. According to Riot it wasnt solely in these games alone that warranted a ban. There were several games which you were reported in that arent included in the Reform Card. If you have typed anything mean or hurtful that you might remember typing out in a game not listed, then think on the how/why you got into Tribunal.

Remember "have fun. but not at the expense of others". If people dont like your sarcasm then ONLY play with people you know wont report you for writing sarcasm to them in team chat, or don't type anything which may be construed as sarcasm.
I made note of the context in the OP. With it, you see near-zero toxicity.

I think the only reason I ended up in the Tribunal is because after being given a warning, the system had my account flagged, which dramatically increased the sensitivity to reports.

You gotta remember that the number of reports received tends to correlate with how toxic a player is, but doesn't equate it. If you looked at the reports I received, some of them had no description whatsoever (it was 2 per game every time), one of them claimed I constantly harassed despite that being untrue.

Context is the key.

The sarcasm issue is really a separate one; I barely used it here (almost not at all). In my warning, however, I'm pretty sure joking and sarcasm plucked some of the wrong strings...

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

bamp

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

gotta love trybanall at work again.

what a ****ing broken system that only dip****s on a power trip defend.

cant wait to do my 20 pardons tomorrow so cases like this don't get punished.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Apostle View Post
Is there ever a time when sarcasm helps anyone? The only people that find someone being sarcastic appealing are the ones not targeted by the sarcasm.

Feel free to experiment with pings only (smart pings more than allows it), but you could really just work on not being sarcastic.
lots of people earn a living off of being sarcastic @ssholes.

plus sarcasm is funny as hell.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
gotta love trybanall at work again.

what a ****ing broken system that only dip****s on a power trip defend.

cant wait to do my 20 pardons tomorrow so cases like this don't get punished.
Relax. Tribunal isn't perfect, but it's pretty good most of the time.

When I used to use it (when I had more free time), the majority of my decisions were Punish, with a few of them skips. I'd rarely Pardon, because I noticed it's rarer for a majority Pardon to occur. Gotta have that high accuracy percentage. <3

Still, I think the problem lies in account flagging (ie, if you're punished once, the system tips against your favor immediately) and the game's design as a whole. There was already lots of discussion about how the game enables toxicity in another thread.

I mean, the game revolves around reporting and the ability to report players to get them banned. How stressful!

"YOU'RE REPORTED"
"NO YOU'RE REPORTED"
"YOU'RE REPORTED IDC"

Upset enough people, and it doesn't matter what you do. At the moment, a lot of Tribunal bans are justified solely by the amount of reports you receive. That shouldn't be how it works.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

has GD gotten faster, or is it just me?

bump

Rimotrian

03-09-2013

Poppy [00:27:53] rofl
Poppy [00:28:00] u mad

and

Ezreal [00:28:00] yeah like seriously
Ezreal [00:28:02] shut up
Poppy [00:28:13] but i thot u no how ply this gm

and

Poppy [00:33:05] but why do you guys like to lose
Diana [All] [00:33:07] your smack
Poppy [00:33:09] i dont understand
Poppy [00:33:10] xd

At least post all of it if you're going to sugar coat your cases.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimotrian View Post
<post>
Out of context. If I'm getting harassed and I respond with something like "but i thot u no how ply this gm"... Terrible spelling isn't "toxic", is it? It's a defensive maneuver to throw offenders off-guard. "Why do you guys like to lose" references prior games, and isn't an attack or toxic at all. "xd" is just "XD" with lowercase spelling.

Sometimes it surprises me what little things can tick people off. League players seem to have the shortest fuses.

TheBuhdazzla

03-09-2013

I received a suspension specifically for being sarcastic, even though it's simply my sense of humor. Official policy is sarcasm is punishable.

Carebear game is carebear.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzek View Post
I received a suspension specifically for being sarcastic, even though it's simply my sense of humor. Official policy is sarcasm is punishable.

Carebear game is carebear.
"Don't be a jerk" seems to be official policy. As lovely as that sounds, enforcing it can end up brutal for the players that end up in Tribunal's circulation; the guideline at the moment is "Punish whoever you don't like" instead of "Punish whoever is breaking the rules".

Having a super-subjective, open policy like that is rather irresponsible, since humankind and society in general is a collective of buttheads. There are no exceptions. No one is perfect.

1234567 ... 12