@Lyte / Wookiecookie: I don't understand.

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie Poulain View Post
The Tribunal is mostly right. Which is why it's pretty effective, but I'm sure there's a percentage (albeit an incredibly tiny one) that is on the outlier of "acceptible behavior" and "toxic player", stuck in this grey area and getting punished/pardoned depending on what the community wants to see.

Not everyone is the pinnacle of grace, especially on a game such as this. I don't think it's right to pretend that most people behave like little angels; they don't. But there needs to be a better guideline in place than "Punish anyone who looks like a jerk", because I'm sure as hell that no Riot employees are saints when it comes behavior in-and-out of the game, and it's unfair to judge players as if that's what they should be.
Point to one example where the tribunal was wrong.

Nysyli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

The only reason this case got punished was

Quote:
Poppy [All] [00:33:32] gg easy game

Labcown

03-08-2013

Quote:
If you got positive feedback just for using it, verdicts might be fairer. But then you have the issue of players picking random decisions just because they can... That's a problem that should be addressed.
I like this idea far better than the ELO equivalent that's the Justice Rating.

If there was no positive feedback for "correct" verdicts, but simply for participating, then one would be less inclined to vote along popularity lines. You'd still have people who'd random vote to get the reward, but with the wait period imposed between cases, I don't see a lot of people wasting 20 or so minutes for 20 cases with random votes.

Of course, you can't make the reward for participating too substantial, because that'd only attract people to come in and vote without regard to the subject matter.

I'd be inclined almost to offer up a hidden rating system for Tribunal, that would give out rewards similar to that of the Santa Baron Icon, seemingly random but tied to behavior that's encouraged.

Amélie Poulain

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Nickwu View Post
The only reason this case got punished was
I do that sometimes as a joke, usually when I lose pretty bad. Never to insult enemies.

Didn't think that people would actually not read, but yeah. Keywords op. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
I'd be inclined almost to offer up a hidden rating system for Tribunal, that would give out rewards similar to that of the Santa Baron Icon, seemingly random but tied to behavior that's encouraged.
Well, maybe if you increased time required before you can cast a vote, this could be viable. Maybe like 2 minutes (because isn't it like 30 seconds atm)? People would still autopunish though. And metrics designed to keep false-judgement spam outside of the Tribunal would have to be reworked around the new system. But who knows.

Kakyoin Noriaki

03-08-2013

I see nothing worth Punishing in all 5 games, especially when you compare it to the typical Tribunal case. While you do give sarcastic/negative comments, you use hardly any swear words if any at all and you never explicitly call teammates noobs; also you provide constructive feedback and positives when warranted. Also, "gg easy game" can very easily be taken out of context, so use that sparingly if never at all. In this case you weren't rubbing it into the opponents' faces since you weren't winning, but it wasn't a nice thing to say about your team. Context matters.

I would have Pardoned your case. However, you should look into curbing your sarcasm. Talking at your screen (if not in Skype) and resisting the urge to type it out to your teammates will help in that endeavor.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin Noriaki View Post
I see nothing worth Punishing in all 5 games, especially when you compare it to the typical Tribunal case. While you do give sarcastic/negative comments, you use hardly any swear words if any at all and you never explicitly call teammates noobs; also you provide constructive feedback and positives when warranted. Also, "gg easy game" can very easily be taken out of context, so use that sparingly if never at all. In this case you weren't rubbing it into the opponents' faces since you weren't winning, but it wasn't a nice thing to say about your team. Context matters.

I would have Pardoned your case. However, you should look into curbing your sarcasm. Talking at your screen (if not in Skype) and resisting the urge to type it out to your teammates will help in that endeavor.
It's a shame I can't be sarcastic without risking a permaban. I'm glad it's just League that does this.

You are 100% in saying that I should never say "easy game", but I'll admit I've used it against the enemy team in extreme cases (ie: some ****** spamming all-chat who ends up losing later on).

I think I might just experiment with saying nothing at all. Six pings isn't a substitute for written word, but if another player can go mid Orianna every game and use only pings, I should be able to do the same.

At least the pings, anyway...

Eclipse Apostle

03-09-2013

Quote:
It's a shame I can't be sarcastic without risking a permaban. I'm glad it's just League that does this.

You are 100% in saying that I should never say "easy game", but I'll admit I've used it against the enemy team in extreme cases (ie: some ****** spamming all-chat who ends up losing later on).

I think I might just experiment with saying nothing at all. Six pings isn't a substitute for written word, but if another player can go mid Orianna every game and use only pings, I should be able to do the same.

At least the pings, anyway...
Is there ever a time when sarcasm helps anyone? The only people that find someone being sarcastic appealing are the ones not targeted by the sarcasm.

Feel free to experiment with pings only (smart pings more than allows it), but you could really just work on not being sarcastic.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Apostle View Post
Is there ever a time when sarcasm helps anyone? The only people that find someone being sarcastic appealing are the ones not targeted by the sarcasm.

Feel free to experiment with pings only (smart pings more than allows it), but you could really just work on not being sarcastic.
Alas, if ~12 lines of perfectly harmless sarcasm over 5 cases with over 500 combined lines warrants a ban, so be it.

"Sarcasm helps no one" is a non-argument; plenty of people use sarcasm, which helps no one. I've addressed this a few posts back—so long as the code isn't broken, and people aren't hurt, does it really matter?

At the end of the day, League of Legends is a game. Its purpose? Entertainment.

It's for fun.

If sarcasm on its own, no matter the context or situation, is against the Summoner's Code, please reference exactly where that clause is located, and I'll stop using it altogether. I'll remind most of my friends not to use it too.

Amélie Poulain

03-09-2013

bump :l

SoulReaver

03-09-2013

Amelie you have to consider the context. According to Riot it wasnt solely in these games alone that warranted a ban. There were several games which you were reported in that arent included in the Reform Card. If you have typed anything mean or hurtful that you might remember typing out in a game not listed, then think on the how/why you got into Tribunal.

Remember "have fun. but not at the expense of others". If people dont like your sarcasm then ONLY play with people you know wont report you for writing sarcasm to them in team chat, or don't type anything which may be construed as sarcasm.

123456 ... 12