The real cost of the new skin tier prices!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezze

04-12-2013

Let's do some very simple math.

At the moment $10 in League of Legends will get you exactly 1380 RP. If you bought a skin at 975 RP with 1380 RP you would have 405 RP left. 405 RP is nice, but you can't really do much with it. So you save it. Maybe until your paycheck in 2 weeks. Then you buy another $10 worth of RP and buy another 975 RP skin or champion, but man you really want that sexy Frostblade Irelia skin. But now all you have left is 810 RP after 2 separate purchases of $10 worth of RP. So you wait another 2 weeks until your next paycheck because you work for a living and can't spend all of your money on a video game every week so you wait another two weeks and decide to spend your hard earned money for another $10 worth of RP, that means you can buy TWO nice 975 RP skins or champions because you've been patient and frugal and of course you know deep down that they probably aren't worth -that- much money but it's okay because you want to support one of your favorite games and also show off a little bit, and that's your right as a red-blooded American(or whatever country you're from!)

But two weeks pass again and you just got your paycheck so you come home and you see that that wonderful Glacial Malphite skin is now 1350 RP, you're disappointed but you still want to support your favorite game and earlier in the week you had bought a level boost or something else and are now down to 0 RP So you pay for $10 worth of RP and now you have 1380 RP again, you spend 1350 RP on Glacial Malphite and then suddenly realize something. You only have 30 RP left and if you wanted to do the same thing you had done earlier to get skins and champions by saving up RP that you had saved after purchases you would have to spend the same amount 32.5 times instead of just 3.

This has been my thought process behind it, I like to spend money on this game every now and then but I only spend about $10 every paycheck and so I look forward to being able to spend $10 but get two 975 skins/champions because I was patient. I love the new skins that Riot has been putting out, I own a few of them but this price tier change is very frustrating to me because I would only be able to get one of the very nice newer skins at a time with no hope of having any RP left over.

TL;DR: New skin prices means you can't save up RP that you used to be able to.

Ezze

04-12-2013

Please upvote and comment for visibility if you agree!

ronky

04-12-2013

The bonus RP helps a but when you spend more, but I do understand not everyone has a credit/debit card to make online purchases.

I usually save up for the $35 RP and do miss out on some sales, which is probably the only downfall of saving up for some bonus RP.

The pricing would be nicer if they just matched RP to the dollar, or even 50 cents.

Ezze

04-12-2013

I and I believe many others as well like to buy a little bit of RP at a time. I spend about $20 a month, I like a little immediate gratification with this game, I like to be frugal and spend a little bit of time but sometimes I just can't wait. For example iBlitzcrank, I like playing Blitz and I wanted the skin but I was able to buy another champion that I wanted because of the previous RP purchases I had made and iBlitzcrank.

I got a quality skin and had a little extra leftover.

My main point was that this change really hurts people like me who buy a little bit of RP occasionally. Sales were nice but I never really waited for them, but when the stars aligned and I had my extra RP and a champion would go on sale that I wanted I would usually get it. Now for me to buy good quality I will be precluded from even taking advantage of sales because I won't have the RP for it.

Zexine

04-12-2013

Amen