Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to LoL question about free champions/champion help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pattybigrig

03-08-2013

Hey guys!

Ive seen some mentions, in my search of which champions I should get, of free champions. Not the ones you get that changes every week, but ones you can unlock for free by say liking their FB page and following them on YT.

Wondering if these things are still happening(pretty sure they were all old posts I read) and how exactly I do it/if theres any more or other ways I can get free champs.

I kinda assume these are old and no longer happening but figured it cant hurt to ask.

Another thing I want to ask is Ive been using mordecaiser quite a bit(now Ive just been practicing in co-op against bots) and I really like him, but is he anygood in ranked?

If theres any champions you'd suggest that would be cool. Im looking for a good bottom carry, bottom support, mid and top(Im not really sure the top roles are in top as Im a huge newb, been playing for like a week LOL....) Ive read junglers arent needed till later in ranked, so no point in getting used to that role yet.

Thanks for all the help and answers!

Damerfl1nn

03-08-2013

First, yes those free champs are still available, just go to FB or to youtube and follow the instructions.

Second, I think that you are a bit confused.

You can't do ranked til level 30, and until you have a certain number of champions unlocked. You shouldn't do ranked until you have at least a couple of rune pages completed, and can play at least one champ in every role, its better to have two.

Morde is pretty good in ranked, probably really good in bronze if you can play him well enough. But I don't see him much anymore all around, his kit just isn't as good as others because he has no mobility.

I'd suggest Ashe for bot, taric for support, morde can go mid, malphite top, and you can use him in the jungle.

You are right that junglers aren't really used to you hit 30 and then only consistently in draft pick normals, and in ranked. But if you start practicing it now you may be able to play it well by the time you hit ranked, and then it won't be a problem. Waiting until you realize you need to know how to play it to learn it makes it too late to really learn it comfortably.

Pattybigrig

03-08-2013

LOL not so much confused as really have no clue what Im talking about. :P Thanks for the clarification.

I thought to level you had to play ranked :P.

Thanks for the answers man tons of help.

Maybe As I level Ill pick up two for mid, Morde and someone else who is considered "better". I do like Morde though would like to be able to use him well, but we'll see.

Pattybigrig

03-08-2013

Hate to continue the noobness, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the FB free champion so if someone knows how Id love for them to let me know. Got the free Allistar though, pretty sweet.

Darxx

03-08-2013

lux or annie are pretty good mids if you want, And annie is really cheap IP wise. Also for free champs try karthus, Press R to win

edit: also Ryze, ryze is really good. Him and annie are like 475 ip or something like that (I know its in the 400 area but its been a while since I bought that price section out haha)

Pattybigrig

03-08-2013

Ha thanks Ill check these guys out.

Can someone let me know how to get the free champion out of the facebook page, having a hard time figuring it out.

Pattybigrig

03-08-2013

Also is Leblanc any good? She's on sale and I can afford her with the RP it starts you with.

I think I read somewhere she is a good mid, but not sure..