To all you Akali players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arwein

03-08-2013

Annie eats Akali so bad. She's like the most tragic thing than can happen to an Akali.

I'd advise you to get:

Boots + 3 red potions as starting items. Then move to the small hextech revolver > S. shoes > Gunblade > deathcap > void staff/lich bane *1> hourglass/deathfire*2

*1 = It really depends on what you think you need. If you've got enough damage output, but you're missing some magic pen, get void; however, if you don't have enough of it and they're not stacking MR, get the void.

*2 = If you have successfully shut down their adc by early late-game, you won't really need the extra armor that the hourglass will give you so just in that case, I'd go for a deathfire grasp.

Extra = I have also seen some Akali players forgetting about the last two items I mentioned above, yet go for Rylai's which really works when you're going against certain champions such as: Orianna, LeBlanc, Nidalee, Vayne, etc.

Also, always aim for the carry.

Flames of Rage

03-08-2013

I tend to start flask and pots or armor cloth and pots vs ad because flask is just free sustain and is efficient after every buy plus when vs someone who is Ranged, you can't really fight them and they'll have free poke until lvl 6.

I then get gunblade asap after that it's really a preference I like ryali's for HP and slows, any of the other AP items is just to itemize against the opponents, Rabadon's death cap isnt even mandatory because she has good burst without it.

I like Abyssal vs Ap mids with high burst and ap tops/jungles. Zhonya's if you need armor and good ole stasis or just get a GA. Lichbane is great cause of the utility of move speed and it works well with your passive, just adds more burst.

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Legacy View Post
I recently bought Akali, and I just love her. It's hilarious, chasing down a Lux, having her snare you, then flash + q + ult + e to kill her from half health to nothing lol.
Currently, I build..
Hextech Revolver > Sorc Boots > Gunblade > Deathcap > DFG > Zhonya's > Lich Bane
Is this a good order for items?
And I've only had this fully built in 1 game, and I could solo towers with my passive...
Anyway, just asking for your tips and tricks, and also who would hard counter Akali?
Im just going to pick apart the build you have here for a few reasons.
1) ive played akali before she was popular and i cant tell you how many people build her just for the burst.
2) there's a few things here i think you could do with out since there more situational then necessarily.

The main order of basic items ive always build for akali is:

boots> hp pots > hextech revolver > SS > Rush into Rylai's crystal scepter > Gunblade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this your item view can really open up but let me explain the items right now.

Yes~!

- Hextech gives you the spell vamp and AP for a good sustain in lane, especially with her passive to add even more so you can have over the 12% spell vamp that hextech gives.

- If your doing good, make the boots in SS so you just deal great amounts of damage with just throwing your Q at champs. If your not doing so well. Then begin to build your Rylai's.

- Rylai's at least for me a amazing item for champs that have mutli target skills. The slow, AP, and health make it a great item for durability and makes it easy to chase / escape from enemys if you can hit them with at least 1 skill.

(I suggest getting Rylai's before anything else after you have the revolver and the boots. Since by this point the enemy team will want to gank camp you to try and shut you down. Si the hp really does help.)

- Gunblade, self explanatory for the spell vamp and life steal. Makes diving towers easier since you have the sustain.

================================================== ===============
NO! :<

Now after you have these three items, there's a list of ones i suggest for the greatest play.
but first, the ones that i really don't see necessary.
Deathfire's Grasp: Its a good item yes. the active allows your burst to be even more oped, but i find that in the middle of a team fight. It is just pretty useless since its only one target. Akali is meant to go in, get the carrys, and get out and then come back for tanks. If your not bursty enough to take out the carry's that fast, then why ne a ninja?

Rabadon's Deathcap: OK! Im gona get hate for this, but deathcap is just pointless on Akali. Yes, the AP, yes the % increase. But that's about it. As ive said before, akali gets in, kills, and gets out. If you were more ranged and could poke them down from behind tanks then i would suggest deathcap. But since your going into the middle of a enemy team if you don't have durability, your just diving in and giving free kills. I say this since akali can be stopped really easily with one CC or stun. If that happens and the rest of the team focuses... well you get the picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Situational

Hourglass Great items for the armor and AP. I really only buy this when i begin to be focused to much, there dropping pink wards and what not. And my tesm just dosent help get them off of me. It can provide those few seconds you need to ult to a creep and juke away.

Lichbanes Im personally a big fan of lichbanes. It makes taking towers, as well as nuke auto attacks really effective. The speed boost it gives is a nice bonus, but i kind of miss the MR from the season two one but meh.
+
Iceborn Im adding iceborn in for a few reasons. The armor, AP, and the prock. Its a very nice item as well. Provides that extra armor incase your not getting focused when you dive. But still getting hit by AoE or CC. It gives the nice CD so your Q is up more, and the slow field + your rylai's makes there movement speed greatly slowed.

If i had to pick between lichbanes or iceborn. Id probably go iceborn just to be safe. You can always resell it if you feel like it later.

Guardian Angel OK, i dont really need to explain the benefit of this item. The revive it gives discourages the enemy team sooooo much from focusing you. Its a really nice late game item, or mid game if your just snowballing ahead, don't want to win yet, and want to make a full build. (what its fun!)

Void Staff Probably saw this coming, but void staff is one of the greatest items you can get if you want to be mean. Since the new meta is really health stacking more over armor, void staff lets you bypass most of there MR and makes your Q prock and lichbanes / iceborns deal that much more damage. Since it also adds a nice chunk of AP. its again, one of those items picked for more leisure then necessity.

Well, that's really all i have to offer. Akali is a very fun champion to play in my opinion, but it also is based off of how you play her, and how you build her. Im not going to say how i play since every one is different, but mastering juking with veil and her ult are really hard to do. Since you need to be aware of your colldown's as well as when / where to go when juking.
Akali's ult has the capability to make a gank, or completely rui a team fight based on how / when / who she uses it on. The same can be said for the veil. Since it has the longest CD of her skills, its important to know when to throw it. Also keep in mind her veil gives MR and armor. Si you can throw it down in a team fight, and jump in, or save it for chasing / escaping.

Hope i helped

Tim Allen Talon

03-10-2013

Jax with a pink ward

Atoxa

03-11-2013

I played an AP Kogmaw against her, and although you might say I'm dumb, If you get lots of mana and stuff you can shut her down. Get teh blue buffs and farm with e/r. The way akali gets good is by super hard aggression, Kogmaw can stay out of her range and still farm like a boss, and AP Kog WAY outplays akali in the late game. Maybe I just got a couple bad akalis, but it worked for me.

SirNoobicus

03-11-2013

I'm usually mid with AP yi, and I shut her down hard by using my q, along with oracles elixir. It's totally worth the price. Makes her useless. Most champs mid are 100% worthless unless fed. They need to constantly build items to do damage. Another great way is to just outfarm her

Directw

03-11-2013

I just start with Akali, and this is my theoretical build:
Core item: Sorcerer's Shoes + Revolver
final build: Sorcerer's Shoes + Gunblade + Rylia + Liandry's Torment + Lichbane + GA (or Deathcap if my team have a lot of cc, or somehow enemy doesn't want to focus on me)

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Lee Sin, Garen, Rumble, Renekton, Mordekaiser, Lee sin, and Lee sin are all pretty good Counters.
As far as build goes your looks pretty solid. Shes a burst assassin so Pure damage until late game is what everyone goes for. Ive seen a few people buy Warmogs for more HP

chief7

03-14-2013

i used urgot vs akali in the mid lane and it worked because if shes hit with corrosive u can still hit her with acid hunter in her field, also if she she jumps you shield yourself and kite her with q.

Azellos

03-14-2013

I find that akali's mid game is so strong, as long as you don't die multiple times and let their mid get extremely ahead of you, you will come back strong and dominate the game.

I survive until 6, i thrive afterwards. If you do get a kill early game, most likely from a smart and skilled jungler, then it just makes your life that much easier.