To all you Akali players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead Man Legacy

03-08-2013

I recently bought Akali, and I just love her. It's hilarious, chasing down a Lux, having her snare you, then flash + q + ult + e to kill her from half health to nothing lol.
Currently, I build..
Hextech Revolver > Sorc Boots > Gunblade > Deathcap > DFG > Zhonya's > Lich Bane
Is this a good order for items?
And I've only had this fully built in 1 game, and I could solo towers with my passive...
Anyway, just asking for your tips and tricks, and also who would hard counter Akali?

Silver Flask

03-08-2013

I hear zilean is a good counter. Tf also *can* be if he stays out of your range. Fiddle is a general counter to all mid, but if you interrupt his sap, he's as good as dead.

Dead Man Legacy

03-08-2013

I've heard Ryze is a counter to Akali, but whenever I lane against them, it's so easy to zone him out with my shroud.. Post 6, he has to snare me to escape my burst, and that doesn't work unless he is close to his tower.

Dane Belthound

03-08-2013

Anyone that does AoE dmg and decent range will counter akali.

Garen for instance has good mag resist and health naturally. He can silence her to prevent her spell burst. And if she hides in shroud you just spin to win.

I also enjoy Ziggs against her. I stay out of her ult range, poke with bombs, and when she shrouds I lay a minefield down, throw a bomb, ult etc. since every spell of ziggs is aoe. It is also super easy to farm from far away with his Q.

Eve tends to out lane her simply because she is never in lane and you never know where she is going. once you get level 6 and deathfire you can bully akali relatively easily and if you need to run, your w gets you away.

SOmetimes to counter someone you don't need to beable to kill them in lane. Just piss their team off because you are constantly ganking other lanes and so you end up out farming your laner because of all the kills you pick up and you also get your team fed in the process.

ChiefClive

03-08-2013

Swain's a pretty good counter to Akali as well. R>E>Q>W when she jumps on you. The DoTs will persist even when she shrouds, and the tether slow shows her location so just follow it while you have your ult on.

The only problem I've had when playing Swain against her is that she out-roams the hell out of me.

Dead Man Legacy

03-08-2013

I also heard that Oracles or pink wards counter Akali... Err, them wards..

Dane Belthound

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Legacy View Post
I also heard that Oracles or pink wards counter Akali... Err, them wards..
yup. Put the ward in the middle of lane. And hopefully your support/jungle carries a pink in team fights and lays one down whenever akali shrouds.

Dead Man Legacy

03-08-2013

Katarina apparently counters Akali.. Just played as her against an Akali, scored an easy 3 kills before my other lanes fed and we lost..

Cenerae

03-08-2013

Your build is fine, but once you've completed your gunblade you have the option to build tanky if you need it to survive, so do keep that in mind and shuffle your build accordingly.

Her counters are well played burst champions. All it takes is someone like Brand or Lux to walk out of your shroud, you to chase them, and them to hurl their entire combo in your face at point blank range. That can quite easily be fatal to you, so you need to avoid getting cocky.

I think the hardest counter to her in the game is Lee Sin, at least in regard to laning. He outdamages her in trades, he can reveal her inside her shroud, and he has a shield and sustain to let him play aggressively despite possibly taking a double Q proc. Someone like Swain or Cass who can AoE spam inside her shroud can do well too, but they have a harder time of surviving the counter-burst.

Dead Man Legacy

03-08-2013

Yeah, I generally use my Zhonya's for being tanky, because by the time I build it, they're focusing me. That, or I usually play with 2-3 people that I know, and they'll play people like Zilean Support, and just ult me to remove the focus.