Is playing a custom game against friends good for practice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So Eternal

03-07-2013

Don't know if it's a good way to practice. so please tell me if it's a good way to.

TehomCD

03-08-2013

It's a good way to practice some specific things. Like if you're doing 1v1s, it can be a good way to practice some mechanics provided you don't try to take silly things that will only give you advantages in that particular environment (like summoner spells you wouldn't take otherwise, or etc). Full games of premades versus friends can be good so that you can talk about the games later.

Damerfl1nn

03-08-2013

Yes and no.

If your friends and you are on equal skill levels then yet. If you are much better then your friends then no.

I used to have a friend that I played with all the time, and we would 1v1 a lot to practice certain laning match ups and I felt like it made a pretty big difference because its a guaranteed way to practice a given champ, and if your friend is willing specific match ups.

I'm not so sure about practicing with a full group of friends. If your practicing to play as a team in ranked, or in games, then yes it is a good idea. But if you play a great deal more solo or in duo games, it may not be a good idea. You could get used to a level of communication that doesn't exist in solo queue.