AP Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dolce e Gabbana

03-07-2013

is there any reason why people go tank maokai over ap maokai? I feel pretty tanky with a RoA, Rylais, and Zhonyas.

well then again, that was my first game with Maokai ever so IDK.

TheAvailableTree

03-07-2013

Jungle Maokai? Takes too long to get gold for those items.

Treeke

03-07-2013

If I had the income to buy those items, then the match would be already decided by a large margin.

Skilliard

03-07-2013

Tank Maokai is infinitely better, your ratios are kinda weak and you need to stay alive long enough so your ult helps your team, ap maokai is dumb, you pick him for utility, not damage.

Dolce e Gabbana

03-07-2013

well, I got 4 overall in the game, with 15 assists + farming ok in the jungle, so I think I did ok with income. I felt my damage grow as I got RoA alone too.

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Because those items don't help you stay alive, which hurts your team, and there are items that help your team more.

Why go Zhonya's when you want to be focused? Why not get Frozen Heart which helps your team out much more?

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I just looked at your game and it was nothing to write home about. There's 0 reason to build that much AP when you can get "free" damage from items like Sunfire Cape and Iceborne Gauntlet and still be tankier.

TyrantOfHades

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwonnie View Post
is there any reason why people go tank maokai over ap maokai? I feel pretty tanky with a RoA, Rylais, and Zhonyas.

well then again, that was my first game with Maokai ever so IDK.
Well I go hybrid AD/TANK/AP maokai