Looking for a new champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gwylym

03-07-2013

So I'm trying to expand the champions I play and I'm looking for a champion as an alt for when I play top. Right now I play Nasus top, but he has a pretty weak early game, so I'd like to have an alt for when the team comp really doesnt lend itself well to weaker early play in favor of a better late game.

The other champs i play are:
APC (my favorite class): Veigar (Morgana when I want a better early game)
Support: Taric
ADC: N/A
Jungle: N/A

So if you have an idea of who I might play that would work well with my play style, pleas post your ideas.

Edit: Here is my LoL king: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/39717105
I'm usually better with Veigar than is shown, I went on a bad streak with him almost a week ago and havent gone back but one game since.

Thanks,
Gwylym

ChesuWafu

03-07-2013

You should try Lux, another APC, similar to Morgana in some ways.

You should also try Jax top, extremely strong, though the playstyle may or may not need some tweaking.

Dashinize

03-07-2013

Like above, Lux and Jax are two very viable picks for mid and top lane.
Lux is similar to Morgana in a way.
Similar Q, however lux binds for a shorter time but can get 2 people, and her shield blocks all damage, but not cc.

Garen is also a decent top, he has good sustain, decent damage, and no mana costs so you don't have to worry that much about conserving your mana.

You seem to like a lot of "weak early, godlike late" champs, so maybe you would like Vayne has an ADC? Vayne has one of the weakest early games as an ADC, but having a %hp true damage W proc, late game she becomes godlike

Damerfl1nn

03-08-2013

I do not suggest Vayne, not because she is bad, but because she is incredibly hard to play, and in general gets destroyed in solo queue, because people can't protect her, and she is really reliant on positioning.

Jax is a good choice but you said you wanted more of an early game champ, and Jax is a late game hyper carry like nasus but not as hard to get to late game. Riven would be a good choice for an early game as she's very strong early but seems to have fallen out of favor. (May not have, but I don't see many anymore.)

I do agree that lux would be a good choice. And for top lane another good choice would be Malphite, fairly easy to play, and is still useful even if shut down early in the game. He can also jungle which you may want to eventually pick up