Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChesuWafu

03-07-2013

Hi, I'm new to this game, and very confused. I've only started normals recently, after "graduating" from Co-op vs AI, and I've been starting to notice, I've been playing games with VERY high level summoners. I, myself am currently lvl 13, and I've noticed I been mostly queued with level 16-18, and once, a level 25. This makes a game really fustrating, as I feel like a weight, dragging the team down, and, because games now last way over 60 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

MadamAshes

Recruiter

03-07-2013

I would just continue to work on your summoner level. You'll get better, and remember to communicate so they can help you

So Eternal

03-07-2013

That happens so they give you different difficulties cause you never know how good people will be on ranked or when your level 30. It's all part of the system but that 25 is a little ridiculous.

Dashinize

03-07-2013

Sometimes when you start doing well, the game assumes you are good and bumps up the difficulty a bit. Keep playing and it'll eventually balance itself. Also keep in mind that people can pair up with a friend and play a game. If i pair up with 2 level one friends (which i have once before, and felt bad), when I am a level 30, You will face non level 30s on the other team. Obviously a slaughter, but oh well, it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Also, there's nothing wrong with 60min+ games. Games last on average 35 minutes or so, but obviously they can be short as 20 minutes (surrender time), and i've even been in a really close game that was about 110 minutes long.

And something you probably don't know, you earn IP based off of the length of the game. For normal blind and normal draft, the IP gains cap out at 55 minutes, and for ranked solo/duo, and 5 team, it caps at 65 minutes. So don't feel "bad" when you have a long game.