Support Orianna: yay or nay? tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I am having a resurgence in Orianna intgerest lately, and have been alternating between midlane and bot lane support.

I feel comfortable with her in mid lane but bot lane is different. Bot lane I can zone and harass with her pretty well but I feel like I am pushing the wave pretty easily when I don't always mean to, and aside from the slow I don't have anything to secure kills until 6. Also, I feel like her mana costs are balanced for mid lane, and as a bot lane she doesn't have access to the mana items she needs as quickly.

Anyone else run support Orianna?

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

bump for reasons

Nampoosh

03-07-2013

I actually played her support before I played her mid. I would suggest getting some ap still, as well as maxing cdr. You just max shield first, and I feel like she plays similar to Janna. If you are having mana problems you could just start with 2 fairy charms pots and wards. You can use them to build philo as well as chalice. Her ult is a really good as a disengage too.

MrGarthonk

03-07-2013

Tried it once or twice, wouldn't recommend it.

One of the key reasons is that Ori's very mana-intensive- after all, grail or RoA are core on her. As a support, you'll be getting GP5s and a Sightstone before that, dramatically cutting your poke.

Secondly, your capability to support your team is substantially higher when you run as an AP mid- largely due to the fact that her E scales off AP.

Thirdly, Orianna favours a R>Q>W>E path due to CDR on her Q, and the fact that her Q doesn't increase in mana cost. However, a support Orianna would be running R>W>E>Q or R>E>W>Q- meaning she can't reposition the ball as often, losing efficiency, and she feels a lot clunkier as a support.

Overall, I feel she's a fantastic mid, but a sub-par support.

Strawberrycocoa

03-07-2013

You max Q first? I usually max W first. Good for power farming and it amplifies the slow. I thought they shifted base damage off Q and onto W a while back?