Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot about Akali...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zidanic

03-07-2013

Quote:
Kaltovei:
The passive change makes pretty much zero difference. If you don't use the same AD runes, you actually have LESS sustain than before the change. Anyone could buy 9 pots 2 wards already in the first place even in S2, they just didn't. Literally nothing has changed except her items getting weaker.

GD just needs to learn to suck less.

She couldn't go 9pots and a ward before if she wanted to deal damage.
She gets her passive damage and heal instantly, alot on a lower base it lets her rune for hybrid pen or tons of resistance anything just because she can survive so easily pre6 now.
Her laning phase is not weak anymore meaning she has no weak points in the game, ontop of being a snowball assasin who can build tanky as hell.

And her items havn't been nerfed for over a year.

Quote:
Sacrix:
Stop her in the early game, where she is essentially an infant with no survivability, and you will essentially shut her down for the rest of the match if that does not work, focus on not 1v1ing with her, and keep near your turret. If she cant jump you, she cant kill you. Buy oracles, they ****ing work, they are well worth the investment. If her being able to shroud is disabling your team, plus, if you kill her, the oracle pays for itself.

I don't get why people can't use common sense to come to easy conclusion when playing a game. Stop complaining that X is OP because Y is not smart enough to think of a counter-play. . .

The problem is her early game isnt weak any more
I cannot state that enough.
Also the fact you are meant to tower hug for most of the game means something must be wrong with the champion.
Oh don't forget shroud is an AOE slow aswell as a defensive steriod.

Razz Smash

03-07-2013

Quote:
Trekib:
I remember when Ahri got nerfed, you said she could buy tanky and still deal a high amount of damage (being tank RoA and Rylais). Now you need to build heavy ap items without any survavility to deal damage with her.

Akali can build Rylais, Gunblade, Haunting Guise, etc. stuff that really makes her kind of tanky and at the same time she got this unbeliveable high sustain throught spellvamp and lifesteal, higher hp pool than most mids and what's really frustrating is her damage output, she doesnt even have to poke before she goes for a kill at level 6. Although there is counterplay, I agree, pink wards and oracles hurt her alot and when you CC her in a teamfight she is probably dead if she goes first, but when she snowballs like she usually does, she becomes an unstoppable force who can literally 1 vs 5 teams and there is no use if you focus her.

Something must be done.

Bro, I just laned kassadin vs akali, and straight up wooped akali for the rest of the game. Dunno what you talking about.

Kaltovei

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zidanic:
She couldn't go 9pots and a ward before if she wanted to deal damage.
She gets her passive damage and heal instantly, alot on a lower base it lets her rune for hybrid pen or tons of resistance anything just because she can survive so easily pre6 now.
Her laning phase is not weak anymore meaning she has no weak points in the game, ontop of being a snowball assasin who can build tanky as hell.

And her items havn't been nerfed for over a year.

Let me guess, you're playing someone like Karthus against her and expecting to win.

Counterpicks exist for a reason. If you refuse to counterpick/build against the champion you are up against, you deserve to lose. Akali has tons of counters.

You could get her passive with just AD marks/AP Quints. And if you don't use those AD marks now, you actually lose 2% spellvamp and have less sustain. So yes, you could go 9 pots 2 wards and have the exact same damage.

Zidanic

03-07-2013

Quote:
Kaltovei:
Let me guess, you're playing someone like Karthus against her and expecting to win.

Counterpicks exist for a reason. If you refuse to counterpick/build against the champion you are up against, you deserve to lose. Akali has tons of counters.

You could get her passive with just AD marks/AP Quints. And if you don't use those AD marks now, you actually lose 2% spellvamp and have less sustain. So yes, you could go 9 pots 2 wards and have the exact same damage.

I havn't been able to play a mid in weeks yet you asume I played someone as squishey as Karth to justify yourself... Nice one.

And you said you can have the same damage with 9pots and a ward, which also gives you 1350 health back during lane and no counter play due to jungler not being able to gank. ontop of her dealing the same amount of damage she used to.

Sacrix

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zidanic:
The problem is her early game isnt weak any more
I cannot state that enough.
Also the fact you are meant to tower hug for most of the game means something must be wrong with the champion.
Oh don't forget shroud is an AOE slow aswell as a defensive steriod.

I'll quote myself. "Stop complaining that X is OP because Y is not smart enough to think of a counter-play. . ."

Counter-plays and Counter-picks exist for a reason. Do not choose a squishy like Eve if your knowingly going up against a Akali. Pick a ranged poke, like Teemo to keep her at bay, or play a defensive poke like Nidalee to keep her away from farm. If you don't play smart, you will never win. And that does not make your opponents character, in this case Akali, OP.

Pennlocke

03-07-2013

Quote:
Trekib:
I remember when Ahri got nerfed, you said she could buy tanky and still deal a high amount of damage (being tank RoA and Rylais). Now you need to build heavy ap items without any survavility to deal damage with her.

Akali can build Rylais, Gunblade, Haunting Guise, etc. stuff that really makes her kind of tanky and at the same time she got this unbeliveable high sustain throught spellvamp and lifesteal, higher hp pool than most mids and what's really frustrating is her damage output, she doesnt even have to poke before she goes for a kill at level 6. Although there is counterplay, I agree, pink wards and oracles hurt her alot and when you CC her in a teamfight she is probably dead if she goes first, but when she snowballs like she usually does, she becomes an unstoppable force who can literally 1 vs 5 teams and there is no use if you focus her.

Something must be done.

This "high" sustain you speak of doesn't happen until she's level 6 and has enough gold to buy a revolver. Her passive heals her for 6 damage each Q proc, so this "high" sustain mostly comes from 9wards/2pots.

One way to keep her from getting a revolver is to harass her enough to the point where she misses out on CS, thus extending your own gold lead and keeping her in lane (so she doesn't roam > snowballs).

Also, you're saying she can kill you in 1 Q > R > Q combo 100% to 0%? If she is, then it seems as if you've let her get 20 kills from roaming (or you're bad and try to 1v1 her).

If you keep her from roaming and deny her CS then she is useless mid-late game and is a non-factor (unless your team is bad and gets caught out).

Kaltovei

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zidanic:
I havn't been able to play a mid in weeks yet you asume I played someone as squishey as Karth to justify yourself... Nice one.

And you said you can have the same damage with 9pots and a ward, which also gives you 1350 health back during lane and no counter play due to jungler not being able to gank. ontop of her dealing the same amount of damage she used to.

Most of the GD QQ about Akali is them being too stupid to counterpick/build against her and picking champs she counters and expecting to win. So yeah, I will assume you do since you're one of the QQers and don't seem to realize how easy she is to stomp in lane early with the right picks.

She could build 9 pots/2 wards in S2 if she wanted to and have the same damage and passive she does now. People just didn't realize the pot/ward starts were good until Flask was introduced...and this applies to ALL champs in mid or top lanes, not just Akali.

William12726

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zidanic:
The problem is she should have a weak early game(pre-6) which isnt that weak, it was also made even better by her passive change so now she can sustain herself all through lane with 9pots+ward and get a free kill off you at level 6 because of her poke and ult.

Her ult range is far to long for being a targeted skill.

Her early game is still incredibly weak. The whole idea of akali having a weak early is that her only damage is her Q, and it only does half damage since you'll never get close enough to proc the 2nd part. She's always had starting spellvamp, man.

Zidanic

03-07-2013

Quote:
William12726:
Her early game is still incredibly weak. The whole idea of akali having a weak early is that her only damage is her Q, and it only does half damage since you'll never get close enough to proc the 2nd part. She's always had starting spellvamp, man.

She normaly had spell vamp just from her runes, but now she gets it for free.
Letting her rune differently aka omre defensive early.
Its the 9pots which gives her 1350HP back in the lane which stops any harras you do to her.

Kaltovei

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zidanic:
She normaly had spell vamp just from her runes, but now she gets it for free.
Letting her rune differently aka omre defensive early.
Its the 9pots which gives her 1350HP back in the lane which stops any harras you do to her.

I take it you've never actually played Akali before. She could use tanky seals/glyphs in S2 and well...forever. Literally nothing has changed but marks, and if you change those marks you lose 2% spellvamp, aka less sustain.

You're starting to just look like a troll who can't read.