@Riot about Akali...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trekib

Member

03-07-2013

I remember when Ahri got nerfed, you said she could buy tanky and still deal a high amount of damage (being tank RoA and Rylais). Now you need to build heavy ap items without any survavility to deal damage with her.

Akali can build Rylais, Gunblade, Haunting Guise, etc. stuff that really makes her kind of tanky and at the same time she got this unbeliveable high sustain throught spellvamp and lifesteal, higher hp pool than most mids and what's really frustrating is her damage output, she doesnt even have to poke before she goes for a kill at level 6. Although there is counterplay, I agree, pink wards and oracles hurt her alot and when you CC her in a teamfight she is probably dead if she goes first, but when she snowballs like she usually does, she becomes an unstoppable force who can literally 1 vs 5 teams and there is no use if you focus her.

Something must be done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekib View Post
I remember when Ahri got nerfed, you said she could buy tanky and still deal a high amount of damage (being tank RoA and Rylais). Now you need to build heavy ap items without any survavility to deal damage with her.

Akali can build Rylais, Gunblade, Haunting Guise, etc. stuff that really makes her kind of tanky and at the same time she got this unbeliveable high sustain throught spellvamp and lifesteal, higher hp pool than most mids and what's really frustrating is her damage output, she doesnt even have to poke before she goes for a kill at level 6. Although there is counterplay, I agree, pink wards and oracles hurt her alot and when you CC her in a teamfight she is probably dead if she goes first, but when she snowballs like she usually does, she becomes an unstoppable force who can literally 1 vs 5 teams and there is no use if you focus her.

Something must be done.


Whenever people use the Pink/Oracles argument it's like they think Akali is going in 1 v 5 or something.

She does have a team, her shroud gives MR and Armor, and I doubt Akali is gonna be top priority until they realize how broken she is!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timid Gengar

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Actually dropping a pink and focusing Akali has alot of success . I disagree with she don't have to poke you at 6 because if she can do that what's your MR runes looking like . Like all assassins just becuase they do their job doesn't mean they're OP. Also why is she so OP now what happened in S2 when everyone said she was mediocre


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaltovei

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaB Domo View Post
Actually dropping a pink and focusing Akali has alot of success . I disagree with she don't have to poke you at 6 because if she can do that what's your MR runes looking like . Like all assassins just becuase they do their job doesn't mean they're OP. Also why is she so OP now what happened in S2 when everyone said she was mediocre
Too much of League of Tanky Derps that people forgot how to deal with assassins.

Assassins are supposed to kill single targets...they are ASSASSINS. Otherwise there is no reason to pick them. People really need to get that through their heads.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TUFF Puppy

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaB Domo View Post
Actually dropping a pink and focusing Akali has alot of success . I disagree with she don't have to poke you at 6 because if she can do that what's your MR runes looking like . Like all assassins just becuase they do their job doesn't mean they're OP. Also why is she so OP now what happened in S2 when everyone said she was mediocre
yea it's weird
she doesnt use any of the new items and the ones she does use got nerfed; and yet somehow shes huge now

my opinion is biased considering ive been playing her too;
im just wondering why all of a sudden?

My theory is mr runes and abyssal first item from season 2 falling out of favor on mid lanes put her back in


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omg a bunny

Senior Member

03-07-2013

They're supposed to kill single targets, then die. Akali just doesn't ****ing die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zidanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaB Domo View Post
Actually dropping a pink and focusing Akali has alot of success . I disagree with she don't have to poke you at 6 because if she can do that what's your MR runes looking like . Like all assassins just becuase they do their job doesn't mean they're OP. Also why is she so OP now what happened in S2 when everyone said she was mediocre
The problem is she should have a weak early game(pre-6) which isnt that weak, it was also made even better by her passive change so now she can sustain herself all through lane with 9pots+ward and get a free kill off you at level 6 because of her poke and ult.

Her ult range is far to long for being a targeted skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaltovei

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT Megan Nicole View Post
They're supposed to kill single targets, then die. Akali just doesn't ****ing die.
Then your team is bad and need to L2P...simple as that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaltovei

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidanic View Post
The problem is she should have a weak early game(pre-6) which isnt that weak, it was also made even better by her passive change so now she can sustain herself all through lane with 9pots+ward and get a free kill off you at level 6 because of her poke and ult.

Her ult range is far to long for being a targeted skill.
The passive change makes pretty much zero difference. If you don't use the same AD runes, you actually have LESS sustain than before the change. Anyone could buy 9 pots 2 wards already in the first place even in S2, they just didn't. Literally nothing has changed except her items getting weaker.

GD just needs to learn to suck less.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacrix

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Stop her in the early game, where she is essentially an infant with no survivability, and you will essentially shut her down for the rest of the match if that does not work, focus on not 1v1ing with her, and keep near your turret. If she cant jump you, she cant kill you. Buy oracles, they ****ing work, they are well worth the investment. If her being able to shroud is disabling your team, plus, if you kill her, the oracle pays for itself.

I don't get why people can't use common sense to come to easy conclusion when playing a game. Stop complaining that X is OP because Y is not smart enough to think of a counter-play. . .