"Dude, you're bad"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0Kill

03-07-2013

I see this again and again in the defense of toxic behavior. Why would telling someone they're bad in the middle of a game be something worth defending?

If you're in school, taking notes, and you mess up and have to erase something, does it make sense if the kid next to you leans over and says "Aren't you paying attention? You're so stupid."

If you're playing baseball and you strike out, do your teammates tell you "dude you suck"? If that happens on a playground, it's considered bullying.

So, why is it that in so many threads and examples and conversations, summoners insist that they should be allowed to inform someone, mid game, that they're bad?

I don't mean things like, "dude why did you go in?" That's trying understand. I don't mean "You should have ulted." That's a suggestion. I mean "wow, this tryn. You suck." Can someone tell me why people keep defending this behavior?

TYRANT HANZO

03-07-2013

Cause people like you who most likely suck ****, usually get told in ways you mentioned first hand like hey buy a ward. Refuses to buy a ward all game does nothing but feed and someone says god this guy is bad.

90% of people playing ranked right now should just be sent back to normals because they lack everything required for playing ranked matches besides clicking join queue, and selecting a champ.

Brother

03-07-2013

Well you know what is funny. I noticed when people are behind an inanimate object they seem to grow a real cocky attitude. Like if you fight with a friend or girlfriend over the phone through text messages, it is hard to tell true emotions behind it. And when you see them in person they are instantly totally fine with you and there is no problem. Weird how technology affects peoples behaviors.

Bottom line though, Can I use your examples for my thread I am creating? "How to Deal with a "Rager"" ??

Link here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3199671

Zer0Kill

03-07-2013

By all means Bossed, I'm more than happy to support such a thread.

Zer0Kill

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKxWoLF View Post
Cause people like you who most likely suck ****, usually get told in ways you mentioned first hand like hey buy a ward. Refuses to buy a ward all game does nothing but feed and someone says god this guy is bad.

90% of people playing ranked right now should just be sent back to normals because they lack everything required for playing ranked matches besides clicking join queue, and selecting a champ.
And what, pray tell, are they lacking? What qualifies someone to be allowed to join the queue? And for the record, very few people start with a kind comment and then lead into calling people bad, from what I see. It's all or nothing, heavy on the all.

TYRANT HANZO

03-07-2013

Let me put it this way if you arent willing to spend 75g to buy a ward, all game just to stop feeding even when asked nicely multiple times. That qualifies as not being ready for ranked at all. If you call a lane and instantly feed first blood within 2 minutes of game, thats another one who shouldnt be in ranked. If you follow builds on mobafire, dont know the mechanics of your champ and buy random ****. You shouldnt play ranked. And people wouldnt rage if there werent so many people in ranked playing like garbage lately. They have no map awareness no idea how to position, focus tanks in every team fight. Rush into a fight with 200 hp die and blame someone else. The list goes on and on and on. Bad people are bad you cant teach them cause they just go watch the streams and think they can play like the pros without any basic understanding of the mechanics behind the champ or the level of skill and practice it takes to pull off those moves.

I can play support and have the best score out of anyone on my team, still get raged at by the idiots. It doesnt matter, I quit playing jungle cause I'm honestly tired of having to try so hard to carry this garbage just so I can earn LP. People are bad if you get your feelings hurt over people yelling at you on the internet GTFOUT, or grow some balls and just deal with it. There is a ignore button which I use on my entire team soon as I get in game, after I lolking their stats see their movements and watch their level of map awareness. I'm so tired of people crying over **** other people said, if you dont want to be yelled at quit feeding constantly buy a ward, listen when people try to teach you a build that doesnt suck so much. Maybe even learn the job of your lane and the mechanics behind it, I can play every single lane at a high enough level I wont feed. It took alot of games to learn every lane and be proficient in them, if you arent willing to do that you shouldnt play ranked. You cant call one roll and cry rage when you dont get it chain feed and expect people not to be pissed at you.

Zer0Kill

03-07-2013

Quote:
Let me put it this way if you arent willing to spend 75g to buy a ward, all game just to stop feeding even when asked nicely multiple times. That qualifies as not being ready for ranked at all. If you call a lane and instantly feed first blood within 2 minutes of game, thats another one who shouldnt be in ranked. If you follow builds on mobafire, dont know the mechanics of your champ and buy random ****. You shouldnt play ranked. And people wouldnt rage if there werent so many people in ranked playing like garbage lately. They have no map awareness no idea how to position, focus tanks in every team fight. Rush into a fight with 200 hp die and blame someone else. The list goes on and on and on. Bad people are bad you cant teach them cause they just go watch the streams and think they can play like the pros without any basic understanding of the mechanics behind the champ or the level of skill and practice it takes to pull off those moves.
I'm sorry ArKxWoLF, but I think that this is the wrong attitude. Skilled or unskilled does not preclude someone from entering competitive play, and is why low ranks exist at all. Helping someone get better by being polite and making suggestions to improve their play is way more effective than just throwing them to normals. And while I agree being with underskilled players is frustrating, if you are at a rank where you're playing with these people anyway you're much better off trying to be kind and teach them, even in ranked, where you have a vested interest.

TYRANT HANZO

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Kill View Post
I'm sorry ArKxWoLF, but I think that this is the wrong attitude. Skilled or unskilled does not preclude someone from entering competitive play, and is why low ranks exist at all. Helping someone get better by being polite and making suggestions to improve their play is way more effective than just throwing them to normals. And while I agree being with underskilled players is frustrating, if you are at a rank where you're playing with these people anyway you're much better off trying to be kind and teach them, even in ranked, where you have a vested interest.
These people dont listen, so theres no point in trying to teach them, and its beyond frustrating to see all the lp you work hard to get be taken away by crappy players. This new elo system is breeding them and more and more trolls. Season 2 towards the end was bad but this has reached an all time low.

Zer0Kill

03-07-2013

Quote:
These people dont listen, so theres no point in trying to teach them, and its beyond frustrating to see all the lp you work hard to get be taken away by crappy players. This new elo system is breeding them and more and more trolls. Season 2 towards the end was bad but this has reached an all time low.
If you're at a queue where these are the people you're playing with, it's probably your own doing. I am sorry, I cannot sympathize.

AileTheAlien

03-08-2013

Quote:
People like you are what make this game infuriating to play.
You value winning at all costs, group unskilled players in the same category as actual trolls, and insult people who are legitimately trying to get better at the game.

P.S.
If you're playing in low-ranked games...guess what that is a measurement of...