League should have a free for all map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imperial Phoenix

Recruiter

03-07-2013

I really think that league should have a free-for-all map just because its seems it would be really fun. Yes, it would be challenging to make, but worth it ^_^ it would be a really good challenge for people in ranked, hope this goes into consideration, if it makes it, i would literally poop myself O.o

dehunter456

03-07-2013

League is a team game. Not CoD. This strays far from the classic MOBA gameplay. They probably won't make it.

Oz SammyD X

03-08-2013

No this will never happen, it's a team game and will always be a team game if you want this free for all **** then go play CoD, this might work in custom games just like ARAM and could be a little fun i guess but it will never be officially built into the game as a proper game mode for ranked/normal play.

Golden Dawn Mage

03-08-2013

Summoner's rift is free for all fighting already......

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-08-2013

Hahahahaha, good one.

Wait... you're serious...

(FFA simply doesn't fit with the MOBA structure. First, it wreaks hell with balance - single target vs AoE. Second, it doesn't work well with minions (though this part could probably be managed... maybe?) Lastly (for now), it destroys a significant number of play styles, without adding any more. Late game team compositions are no longer effective, because they now need to deal with 2x or more as many enemies, and who wouldn't want to take out a 'protect the Kog' comp (SR power-wise) before it got rolling?)

Dr Winters

03-08-2013

That actually sounds like a really good idea! Or, perhaps, a bunch of small teams fighting each other. I like it...

Troy242621

03-08-2013

Well, champions like Alistar, Soraka, etc. would disagree.

EDIT: Got down voted for that? Who was the person that thinks supports make good 1V1 champions >_>?

bronzeager

03-08-2013

i actually...really like this idea. not as any kind of serious ranked mode, but for pure chaotic fun. they'd have to limit the champion pool, since supports would be useless. but it could be really cool if they made an interesting enough map for it.

Zydrate Vials

03-08-2013

I don't like it. Too easy for one or two people to become grossly underleveled entirely too quickly.

ReMeDyIII

03-08-2013

I don't like it either. Think how item compositions and champ select would play out!... Everyone would be selecting ADC's or assassins, and everyone would be building dmg (since to win FFA, you must score the most kills, yes?). This killing mentality also discourages farming, which is a core principal LoL is built on.

It's a good idea on paper, but its execution has a ton of faults.