Minion bug in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

03-07-2013

So I just did some matches in Dominion and during the matches I notices something.

The Refinery, the Quarry half pointed to Refinery.

The Drill, and Boneyard half pointing to Drill

Aren't spawning minions....at all.

Last game I had none of the capture areas spawn minions until...8 or so minutes in. Though the ones above still didn't after the others finally started spawning.

NavyGothic

03-07-2013

Erm, I'm a little confused by your post and maybe you already know this, but just in case:

Minions will spawn on all 5 sections of the outer ring, but only between opposing towers. If you have Friendly < -- > Enemy, minions will spawn. However, if you have Friendly < -- > Friendly or Friendly < -- > Neutral, no minions will spawn.

lightdragoon88

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Erm, I'm a little confused by your post and maybe you already know this, but just in case:

Minions will spawn on all 5 sections of the outer ring, but only between opposing towers. If you have Friendly < -- > Enemy, minions will spawn. However, if you have Friendly < -- > Friendly or Friendly < -- > Neutral, no minions will spawn.

Is this new? I haven't played Dominion in about 2 weeks, but back then when we capture turrets at the beginning, minions always spawned on both sides.

But the no matter who had windmill, the The Refinery nor the Drill never spawned any minions.

NavyGothic

03-07-2013

AFAIK the minion spawning rules haven't change since the mode was launched in 2011.

If minions aren't spawning regardless of tower control, it's entirely possible that you did encounter a bug. Report it on the bug forum (god only knows reporting it here is useless).