how do i play lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwirlyStars

03-07-2013

she so hard to play do i build her cool down reduction?
i keep dying i cant get kills i suck at top bot mid help please

KevT 66

03-07-2013

im a mid lux. i love mid lux. the way i play her..is by getting your Q and E built up, then get R and then put one point into W..build the offensive abilities first if youre mid lane..maybe have one point in W after 2 and 2 in Q and E. some suggestions for her build in mid lane..get sheen, abyssal scepter, sorcerer's shoes, rabadons deathcap, rylai's crystal scepter, zhonya's hourglass, and void staff. just build a ton of AP. i wouldnt recommend cooldown reduction because most of her stuff has low CD anyways. mana isnt generally a problem to me either. dont go top ever. and bottom..build support-like items and balance out your abilities so theres a lot of crowd control and shielding.

I FAP TO QTPIE

03-07-2013

Although I don't play lux here are my thoughts. Your skill order should be R>E>Q>W. You generally want to level your Q first. Then take E. Then W. A must have item on lux is Athenes unholy grail. Since she relies on mana so much. Just another tip, when you are running away you should always cast your W in the direction you are running so you can get the 2nd shield faster. Since her R is on a generally short cool down; before recalling you should ult the entire enemy creep wave. But it isn't insta kill so ult then get the last hits. Or get them low and then ult. The reason this is because you can have an extra income, which is always good. Idk really xd

dehunter456

03-07-2013

Ok. Here is a tip from a really big mid player. I don't have Lux since I'm broke on IP, but when she's on free week, I dominate games with her. Your skill order to level them is to take E first, then get Q,W,E,E,R, and max E from there taking Q when you can. Then, max your Q after that. Take your ult when you can. After you have all 5 levels in your Q and E, max your W and get your last point in your ult at level 16. From there, max your W.

In lane(Lux goes mid), use your E to proc the passive on enemy minions. This will help you last hit better. Harass your lane opponent with a Q>E>Auto attack combo. This will take a good chunk out of their health. Keep your opponent at 1/3 health. Once you have your ult, Go in with an Ignite>Q>E>Ult at the opponent. It should kill them. Remember to press W if you're low health and the enemy is trying to kill you. It saves you.

In team fights, make sure to use your ult to the best and hit as many people with it as possible. Shield your allies with your W when they're low. Deal as much damage as possible. Nuff said.

For items, start with 2 farie charms and 3 potions. Farm until you have 1k gold. Buy a chalice, boots, and some potions and wards. After that, build an Athene's Unholy Grail. This is important due to the CDR for your ult and the Mana Regen. You can get either sorcerers shoes for more damage or Ionian boots of Lucidity for some CDR though I prefer the damage over the CDR. Build what you can now. My items I like building are Deathcap (you always need this on Lux), Seraphs Embrace/Archangel's Staff (Lots of Late game power), Rylai's Crystal Scepter (Survivability is nice), Zhonya's Hourglass (Against a lot of AD), Abbysal Scepter (Against a lot of AP), Morellomicon (if you didn't get Ionian boots of Lucidity and want 40% maxed out CDR, then get this), and maybe a Lichbane.

GG hope you have fun!

ocnus

03-07-2013

top lux is not viable..

I FAP TO QTPIE

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnus View Post
top lux is not viable..
Watch siv he's counter bruiser bruiser lux video xd

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

03-07-2013

she is actually easy. there is no right way to play her item wise. you can opt for mana regen like chalice of harmony, mana pool and hp like rod of ages, you can go homeguard boots and raw damage. homeguard makes you heal up fast and get back to lane quick if you run out of mana. but you get more burst since you built more damage.

you can go penetrations like haunting guize, abyssal.

generally you'd want sorcerer's boots.

basically with her abilities you can use them multiple ways.

you can do aoe slow to land easier snares, or you can snare then aoe burst them then ult them whilst they snared.

you can ult save ult to finish em. or use it with the combo for more harass. the cooldown is reallllly short.

her shield is obvious. you negate damage with it. if a skill shot is coming after you and you know you can't dodge you can shield and so on. and obviously save partners from damage with it.

there is NO one cookie cutter build. you build different each game to deal with the enemies and your team needs, accordlying to the situation at hand.

she generally tries to stay away from the enemies and build damage. and with proper skill shots can poke well and pick people off from a distance. i generally like people more in your face who like to be in enemy faces. lux is not for me.