Question about moving Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manyakiati

03-07-2013

Hi I'm new to lol and everything is very confusing to me.

When I was doing my battle training, I could move my champion with both the "x" letter on my keyboard with the mouse and only the mouse. When I'm in a real game I can't use only the mouse. So I use the "x" letter which isn't very efficient and very irritating. So while I struggle to move my champion others move so fluently... And also I can't move my champion while he's in battle.

My question is; is it normal ? Is it because of my level that I don't have the capacity to move my champion fluently and during actual battle ?

Thanks in advance.

KevT 66

03-07-2013

ive never heard of this or seen it. i always could move and never new X worked. it mighty just be in your settings..check the options menu.

Andarel

03-07-2013

Figured out what's going on: You're using the left mouse button instead of the right mouse button.

In LoL there are a few ways to move. The most common is right-clicking on a location on the map - this makes your champion walk to that location. If you press A or X and left-click on a location it is considered attack-moving, which makes you walk there unless you get into autoattack range of an enemy unit you can attack. If that happens, your champion will immediately attack the closest unit. The last way is right-clicking or casting a spell on an enemy unit, in which case you will walk into range and autoattack or use the spell.

What's happening for you is that you're left-clicking instead of right-clicking, and moving with Attack-move instead of normal walking. In teamfights where you are in autoattack range of enemy champions your move command is constantly getting canceled by the autoattack. Basically, use the right mouse button instead of the left mouse button. A or X + left click is useful, but it's not the main method of moving.

Manyakiati

03-09-2013

It still doesn't work when I use the right side of the mouse...

Im S0fa King

Senior Recruiter

03-09-2013

Are you on a Mac, by any chance?

Manyakiati

03-09-2013

Yeah, started playing it when it got out on mac.

Im S0fa King

Senior Recruiter

03-09-2013

You probably need to set your mouse into 2 button mode. On your Mac's menu bar, go to preferences, and mouse options, and set it to 2 button mode. Many macs disable the right click by default. If that doesn't solve the problem, you probably unbound movement from your right mouse button. Let me know if the first thing didn't work, and I'll step you through rebinding RMB to movement.

Manyakiati

03-13-2013

So it only works on a imac because I can't change the settings of my macbook mouse...