Premium Account Leagues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1XSwiftXAlien

03-07-2013

I like Free2Play games but there is a great problem with them as well.

The amount of people who look to troll ranked games is very high.

It's about a 1:3 ratio that you will get a game with an intentional feeder who knows he is tossing the game purposely.

Premium Account Leagues maybe the answer.

- A one time premium fee of $30 is paid for and 3000 riot points are given + one pre-unlocked alt skin.

- The premium league will only match other premium players or Free2Play players who reach a certain high honor level.

I think this will definitely hinder the trolling issues greatly. As when people pay for something, they maybe less likely to act careless and malicious.

Bane1998

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1XSwiftXAlien View Post
I like Free2Play games but there is a great problem with them as well.

The amount of people who look to troll ranked games is very high.

It's about a 1:3 ratio that you will get a game with an intentional feeder who knows he is tossing the game purposely.

Premium Account Leagues maybe the answer.

- A one time premium fee of $30 is paid for and 3000 riot points are given + one pre-unlocked alt skin.

- The premium league will only match other premium players or Free2Play players who reach a certain high honor level.

I think this will definitely hinder the trolling issues greatly. As when people pay for something, they maybe less likely to act careless and malicious.
Your ratio of intentional feeders seems very off, from my experiences. I'm tempted to think maybe you don't always recognize the difference between someone intentionally feeding, and someone who is not playing well.

Also, there is an assumption that if you've spent money or have honor you won't grief. I'd say that's not very true, just from my experience in pay to play games also having plenty of griefers. At least, not enough of a difference to try and manage two different walled-off player bases.

Imagine all the work of transitioning a player from one group to another. As I gain or lose honor, as I decide to pay for the game, etc. How would you manage all that?

HuoMao

03-07-2013

Nothing to guarantee the trolls won't just pay $30 to join premium. I've seen many trolls with expensive skins.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

This is a bad idea. it only creates a separate ranked bracket