Has Mordekaiser been nerfed or buffed?

Nerfed 139 55.16%
Buffed 113 44.84%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Mordekaiser - Nerf or Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

Early game got nerfed -hard-

duckasaurus

11-01-2010

I consider it a nerf because my beef with Morde was never about his shield or damage but rather if he got someone with his ult then a tower was going down or a team fight was going to the other team. Didn't matter how much damage he did, if he got that curse off then the other team was screwed and either gave a tower and died. I like the change.

Solumas

11-01-2010

I'm on the fence with the changes. Some of the changes I like, some I don't. The Ult change is nice, the SoD I'm not a 100% sure of, MoS seems like an interesting change, and I'm a fan of the CD buff.

I can't really give an opinion till post-patch.

CaptainTrips01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

...Do people really think this was a buff, or are they just glad that their most hated champ is getting nerfed? I can't see how it was a buff at all, except his Creeping Death. His two main abilities got completely destroyed. His most worthless one got a buff, and his decent one got a buff. Everything else, nerfed. AP was already completely 100% worthless on him, now they made it just bad. Its a buff in the nerfiest way possible because it was used an excuse to nerf everything actually useful about him. I guess it just depends on your playstyle.

Swadow

11-01-2010

Okay lets do some math.

Old Q+W+E combo damage
1 target: 100*2+AD+80*6+245=925+AD
More than 1 target up to four: (100+AD)*X+480X+245X=825X+AD*X

New Q+W+E combo
1 Target 200*1,75+(AD-BASE AD)+480+225=1055+BONUS AD
More than 1 target up to four: (200+BONUS AD)*X+480X+225X=905X+BONUS AD*X

X is targets hit

Now let's see the difference that will always be between BONUS AD and AD. It's the BASE AD which is 115 so we can put it basically like this

Single target New(1055) OLD(925+BASE AD=925+115=1040)
Multi target New(905X) OLD(825X+BASE AD*X=825X+115X=940X)

Oh yay more damage against single target but less against more targets.

Now the AP differences.

New 0,2+0,6=0,8
Old 0,15+0,4=0,55
Difference 0,25

Multi target difference of damage 940X-905X=35X

Now since the amount of targets hit doesnt matter since the AP also has that same coefficient so we can put it as 35. Now the AP difference has to be 35 damage in order for you have same damage so...

AP*0,25=35
35/0,25=AP
AP=140

So basically you need 140 AP just to deal same amount of damage you would have dealt against more than 1 target

xKHORNExLORD420

11-01-2010

after 700+ games with The Master Of Metal; 450% NERF is my knee jerk as a solo mid morde. People who lane 2v2 with Morde should not be considered people for the sake of my argument with the exception that hiding in a bush and popping out to SoD is no longer a particularly viable option... wait that's all that lane Morde had!!!

a weakened early game syphon means ashe, and other similar mids, are going to kill me because she no longer fears my harass.

Building AP items decreases Mordes survivability dramatically because, 100% of Morde players will probably agree with me, Morde is not like Alistar (whereas he IS a tank) because Morde must BUILD to become a tank. Mordes tanky reputation is built solely upon his mid-late game performance.

With the focus shield generation now shifted towards MoS it is a HUGE hit to his lvl 1 survivability, where one or two simple oversteps or imperfect shots with syphon already spelled your almost certain first blood status against a good mid player or 2v1 lane.

This may be a "buff" to AD/DPS Morde... but that isn't really viable anyways.

I feel fairly uncomfortable stepping into mid w/o a few practice games under my belt to see how much this hurt is going to hurt, and make no mistake about it ladies and gents, this NERF on Mordekaiser's main ability is going to hurt a lot.

*edit*

I don't even want to think about what was done to his ult. Too depressed.

NJim

11-01-2010

Its neither.
Its a general shifting of his kit to make him more damage oriented instead of tanky.

DSveno

11-01-2010

So what I'm seeing the "nerf" side has provide some mathcraft, some explanation, while the "buff" side only provide the votes.
This pattern seems similar.....

Asoni

11-01-2010

it looks more buff 2 me then nerf. Oh god his gonna be even more annoying then ever.

Istanur

11-01-2010

To me, it looks like a clear and major nerf. Mordekaiser was fun when he wasn't overrated. RIP Morde and the shell of a ghost you now carry along with you. I wonder who will be next, I see a lot of Tryndamere complaints in champ feedback...