Is permabanning accounts for serious trolling too much to ask for?

yes 12 40.00%
no 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Riot WRONG about the new queue dodge penalty system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

A while back Riot posted a thread about how queue dodging in the new S3 league would be punished. i forget which Rioter posted it, but in his comments, he said that trolls want to win just as bad as everyone else, they just want to go about it a different way, or something like that.

Now, i have done a little research. Trolling happens in every league, every series. Those are the consequences of such a popular and addicting MMORPG. But when you are a serious ranked player trying to get out of elo hell, which has been renamed Bronze League, please tell me how you plan on winning when you have a Nami that's jungling and starts with a Null Magic Mantle and a ward? There is a BIG difference between running an untraditional build on your favorite champ, such as an AP AS Varus, and just flat out trying to make everyone rage, such as by running an Ashe as pure tank or trying to load Garen down with mana and mana regen.

I especially think it is ridiculous when players have to queue dodge because they want to sincerely win, and now they are the ones being punished? Wow Riot, way to fine the law abiding citizens and give the criminals a break. They say their "research" indicates all these things? Well, how did you exactly conduct the research? They need to stop trying to bring themselves down to Mythbusters-level quality of work and get proactive! send emails to bronze level summoners and get their feedback. After all, they are the ones most affected.

Now, there is the speculation that this might avoid champ select trolling, but in game will still be a problem. Well, they need to get serious and tell everyone that they are done with the BS. Give everyone a 1 time warning for first incident. next time they troll, start banning accounts. If any Rioters put this idea in action, please send me an email a month later and tell me how significantly the number of cases of trolling diminishes.

over9xx1000

03-07-2013

k

iTechSupport

03-07-2013

The whole idea of "Elo Hell" seems pretty retarded in my opinion. The fact that people would waste time to get to level 30 and have to acquire 16 champs just to troll in Ranked Games is ridiculous. I feel as if Rioot doesn't fairly hand out it's punishments. At the end of the day, however, I'd rather much see over-banning/suspensions than none at all, even if it means innocent people have to suffer.

HonorableGeneral

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechSupport View Post
The whole idea of "Elo Hell" seems pretty retarded in my opinion. The fact that people would waste time to get to level 30 and have to acquire 16 champs just to troll in Ranked Games is ridiculous. I feel as if Rioot doesn't fairly hand out it's punishments. At the end of the day, however, I'd rather much see over-banning/suspensions than none at all, even if it means innocent people have to suffer.
I would rather a thousand criminals go free than a single drop of innocent blood be shed.

Damerfl1nn

03-08-2013

I do think that there should be a higher number of perma bans handed out for some things. But I also do not subscribe to the idea of elo hell.

The thing is that at the lower levels of play, as long as 3/5 players are at least half way trying, it only takes one to carry the whole game. You really can just completely win the game on your own in these skill levels. And thus you can carry out if you are good enough. Where as the higher you get the harder that is ,and the more you need your team.

I do think that there are big issues with the way the ranks work. There should be some way to fall out of a division. This would counter the people who are in the lowest rank of their division not caring anymore because they can't go any lower. And the fact that a very large majority of players are in Bronze shows that either the majority of people are extremely bad ( a statistical unlikelihood) or the cut offs for each division are a bit off.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
I would rather a thousand criminals go free than a single drop of innocent blood be shed.
My issue with idealism like this, is that it ignores all of the 'innocent blood' that will be shed as a result of those thousands of criminals going free. (Not making a choice is a choice in and of itself, and does not absolve you of responsibility.)

That said, I'm not entirely certain what point the guy you quoted was trying to make...

kungfuhustle44

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechSupport View Post
Its because during ranked, you ban champs. 16 is the minimum you would need in order to play if you are last pick and all the bans affect you

Oz SammyD X

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
But then you will suffer the consequences of the criminals going free which could be a lot more innocent blood shed, are you prepared to live with the consequences?

It's very easy to forget the consequences of your actions when you're in the moment and don't have much time to think.

Golden Dawn Mage

03-08-2013

Original poster, I hate to say it, but I will point at one of your many misconceptions and expose it.

Quote:
I especially think it is ridiculous when players have to queue dodge because they want to sincerely win, and now they are the ones being punished?
The thing is, queue dodge wastes every ones time, and makes playing the game much more time wasting when there is queue dodges lobby. There should be as little dodging as possible, and things in place to encourage this behavior.

The thing is, if harsher penalties for dodging. Then that encourages people to take lobby champ select more seriously.

Ultimately, if you fail to come up with a decent team in champ select. You should be punished for it.

Part of the strategy of the game is champ select coming up with a decent team. Having do overs being allowed so much, makes it pointless stage of the game. Your actions should have consequences. It should not be where "oh I don't like my team, DO OVER". Wrong. You should try to make it work, and you should be punished for your partners mistakes. Keep in mind enemies follow same rule as you do, only difference is now less queue dodging and time wasted and champ select is more meaningful.

Smugfish27

03-08-2013

I think if you dodge when you have a troll team u shouldn't be punished who's with me on that?