How to be effective as Kass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkness4910

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Hello community!

I know that a lot of people are considering Kassadin to be the most broken champion on Dominion,so I thought I might give him a try, but I just can not get the hang of him. I either do really bad or medio-core.
Is there some piece of the puzzle I'm missing?

davyo11

03-07-2013

HOLD IT!! Step away from the keyboard and ask yourself: Why do I want to be a dick to the community? Have they angered me in the past? If so find a way to release your anger onto something else.

Fancy Wolf

03-07-2013

You play someone else. So you actually get better at the game instead of having free wins then losing to good players.

AileTheAlien

03-07-2013

Just practice with Kass a lot.
Try out builds and whatnot.
As for being 'broken'...he's not really that bad.
You just have to build some defense, and that stops Kass from destroying you.

FOODFOOD

03-07-2013

While I have no experience playing Kassadin in Dominion, I would consider myself an expert on the matter as I've shouted his name more than any other champion in the league.

I believe there is a 3 step method for playing Kassadin in Dominion.

-Chill and be safe for the first few minutes.
-Get your ult.
-Win.

In my experience of playing Kassadin 0 times, that's how it usually works.

A Slime Appears

03-07-2013

Build manatank. Proceed to ult around, drop your burst on people and run away, backdoor like hell, gank bot yet still be able to get back in time to help windmill, etc. I don't think anyone but maybe Rammus with powerball can get around the map as fast as you. It's really not that hard to win with him, at all.

Eloquid

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
While I have no experience playing Kassadin in Dominion, I would consider myself an expert on the matter as I've shouted his name more than any other champion in the league.

I believe there is a 3 step method for playing Kassadin in Dominion.

-Chill and be safe for the first few minutes.
-Get your ult.
-Win.

In my experience of playing Kassadin 0 times, that's how it usually works.
Well, if you tried him sometimes, you would perhaps be surprised at how dependent he is on his team. More so than any other champ I tried.

I can carry with Jayce (also considered broken I know) if my team sucks because he has good sustained damage, I can carry with some other champs too, but carry with Kassa if you're cursed with 2 or even 1 real stupid teammates? No can do. And with carry I don't mean having ****load of kills, just win the game. Doesn't actually happen. No matter manatank or ap. Yes you have flash, you're all over the map, you have silence and slow, you appear out of nowhere, throw your **** and disappear to limbo, but if you have bad team who doesn't realize where they need to be and that doesn't deal damage, all your gimmicks won't help you much and your chances are not much over 50%, depending on who you play against.

Didn't notice instawins playing against other kassas either. Not even one. I've seen good kassa once, and he was as good as his whole team.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I'll help you, but don't play Kassadin please.

Get a Tear, Glacial Shroud, some comfy boots (Mercury Treads adviced), Catalyst the Protector. After that upgrade those items whenever you think necessary and just proceed to be a rapetrain.

Other items: Void Staff, Abyssal Scepter

Wawix

03-07-2013

Build kitaes, malady and phage (otherwise you have no slow and the champion sucks) for damage and utility, nashors for cdr and aspd (otherwise you wont hit 2.5 when a spell hits you and that sucks) and a trinitorforcer for major burst dmg. Be careful of the kassadin bug on dominion though, it makes you lose games.

Koravel

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Well, if you tried him sometimes, you would perhaps be surprised at how dependent he is on his team. More so than any other champ I tried.

I can carry with Jayce (also considered broken I know) if my team sucks because he has good sustained damage, I can carry with some other champs too, but carry with Kassa if you're cursed with 2 or even 1 real stupid teammates? No can do. And with carry I don't mean having ****load of kills, just win the game. Doesn't actually happen. No matter manatank or ap. Yes you have flash, you're all over the map, you have silence and slow, you appear out of nowhere, throw your **** and disappear to limbo, but if you have bad team who doesn't realize where they need to be and that doesn't deal damage, all your gimmicks won't help you much and your chances are not much over 50%, depending on who you play against.

Didn't notice instawins playing against other kassas either. Not even one. I've seen good kassa once, and he was as good as his whole team.
I love how you think you know better than literally every single high elo Dominion player.

Kassadin is broken, and everyone knows it.