New to Ranked, Is this my destiny?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

03-07-2013

So I did what was recommended and waited until I had well over 300 wins under my belt to do ranked. I finally get up enough gumption to do ranked and start my placement games. 7 out of 10 of them were just filled with trolls. I know that you should be able to overcome trolls with your own skill but.... I was encountering stuff I'd not encountered since I was like level 1-5.

Game 1: Everyone decided to roam and feed the LeBlanc I was owning then fed their lanes.
Game 2: Good game, I was able to carry it.
Game 3: Same as game 2.
Game 4: 2 AFKs to join their parents for dinner.
Game 5: Support and bot were a duo trying to "get to Bronze V" to work their way back up.
Game 6: Everyone but me died in their lanes 5-10 times before the 5 minute mark.
Game 7: Support though it'd be funny to do /all of all our buff camp timers and go with the enemy to the camp to give them kills.
Game 8: 2 AFKs
Game 9: Was actually a decent game.
Game 10: Top and mid were a couple and after hearing what I'd been through figured it'd be funny to "finish me off" by tossing the game.

So 2 out of 10 games, only 3 of which there was any chance at. So yay Bronze IV. How screwed am I trying to get out of this? O.o

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Not TOO screwed, honestly, people there are pretty bad, it gives you a chance to practice with champions and roles that you normally don't as you raise upwards. Sorry for this though.

Ten Inch Rooster

03-07-2013

Well this is wonderful.

First 3 games:

Game 1: Jungler is "just here to watch a match"
Game 2: "Dude this is Bronze, we're here just to goof around, not play serious."
Game 3: After I do an Ace "Guys, quick while they're dead clear their jungle out!!"

Where do these people come from?!

TehomCD

03-07-2013

Placement matches are almost completely random since you can have one team loaded with smurfs and the other team loaded with people who are destined for bronze V. I've seen gold smurfs come out of them with losing records when they have a really unlucky streak.

If after 40 games you're still bronze, then you probably belong there, but the first 10 games are going to be a huge toss-up due to being in 'ranked newbie isle' where you're only matched with people who have 10 games or less.

Ten Inch Rooster

03-07-2013

So I've played roughly 5 real ranked games today and this were the wonderful gems of info that proactively contributed to my defeats:

"Dude, ganking isn't for killing. Ganking is when you take over my lane so I can b."
"Why the hell are you focusing their carries?! You have to focus tanks as they have more gold."
"I'm bored, let them have some kills to balance it out."
"Tristana is for farming, not killing so no need to gank."
"Last hitting is only for when you're behind."

jonny vegas

03-07-2013

that sounds like a rough go, and pretty much the same reason i havent even ventured into ranked solo. Not enough of my friends are on when i play to make a team. Which is probably your best option. plus losing with ppl you know takes away some of the sting. Id take these matches as learning experiences to try to better game or fine tune. If your really on point, then you'll be out of there soon. Feel free to add me, i might be able to trek through the mud with you. i'm not the best, but deffinately not the worst. jonny vegas.

TehomCD

03-07-2013

Yikes. Yeah, I admit I've seen some really funny things from placement matches before, or watching friends play. Like a guy who raged at his team for warding since he thought wards were "only for laning phase" and they were wasting gold.

4gotten Myth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
So I did what was recommended and waited until I had well over 300 wins under my belt to do ranked. I finally get up enough gumption to do ranked and start my placement games. 7 out of 10 of them were just filled with trolls. I know that you should be able to overcome trolls with your own skill but.... I was encountering stuff I'd not encountered since I was like level 1-5.

Game 1: Everyone decided to roam and feed the LeBlanc I was owning then fed their lanes.
Game 2: Good game, I was able to carry it.
Game 3: Same as game 2.
Game 4: 2 AFKs to join their parents for dinner.
Game 5: Support and bot were a duo trying to "get to Bronze V" to work their way back up.
Game 6: Everyone but me died in their lanes 5-10 times before the 5 minute mark.
Game 7: Support though it'd be funny to do /all of all our buff camp timers and go with the enemy to the camp to give them kills.
Game 8: 2 AFKs
Game 9: Was actually a decent game.
Game 10: Top and mid were a couple and after hearing what I'd been through figured it'd be funny to "finish me off" by tossing the game.

So 2 out of 10 games, only 3 of which there was any chance at. So yay Bronze IV. How screwed am I trying to get out of this? O.o
Welcome to my world !

Torenthal

03-08-2013

Heya, I also won 3/10 of my placement matches due to trolls and afk'ers. I take it you're in Bronze III like me right now, and if you'd like to duo out of it with me I'm all up for it. I'm a pure adc player who's fairly good. I take all my ranked matches very seriously and it's part of my nature to be competitive and want to be the best. I can also play support if absolutely necessary!

I'm not sure what role you play, but if we both learn support/adc combo I'm sure we'll be able to carry any team! I'm pretty frustrated too, but honestly I think the best we can do is realize that we can only go upwards from here. If you'd like to play a few normal games with me and get used to eachother's playing style feel free to add me in game. Even if you don't play support, it'd be nice to have another person who cares about the game with me. Let me know what you think!

Best Roles: ADC, Support
Tier: Bronze III
Best Champs: Ezreal, Caitlin, Ashe, (now currently learning Draven)

Let's escape from Bronze Hell together!

Cowtonio

03-08-2013

my life!!! i just played with a master yi who was absolutely the worst player i've ever seen... he was ALWAYS somehow on the other side of the map doing NOTHING