I think North America should be split into two servers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laros3

03-07-2013

I would like to start this post off by clarifying that I am not racist at all, now onto the discussion.

I believe the North American servers should be split into two regions, one for Canada and America and another for Mexico etc. in order to help with the language barriers that come from having multiple languages being used in game. I have lost a bunch of games recently due to lack of communication on the team, and it isnt because we arent trying to communicate, it just doesnt work when you have 2-3 different languages being spoken in one log, especially when you consider the fact that most of us dont understand the other language being spoken.

Here is an example:

2 english speaking people get put into a lobby with 3 spanish people. The spanish people are instantly going to lane together regardless of what role their character is, last game i played there was teemo and yi laning bottom together... I understand why, but it is detrimental to the game. I'm not sure if things work differently in ranked, as I am only level 22 or something like that. But I would really appreciate if Riot did something like what i suggested above. It shouldnt be taken as racism, it is just to improve the overall quality of the game. Im sure the spanish people get frustrated at the english people when they arent comprehending what has been said. That being said... I am looking for english speaking people to play with add me if you would like, my username is Laros3

AJStarhiker

03-07-2013

Personally, I prefer dealing with NA and having the languages relatively limited to mostly English, Spanish, Portugese, and (far more rarely) French. Just imagine what the language problems must be like in the two EU servers, where you could have a dozen languages?

Yes, it's frustrating when you don't understand what your teammates are saying, but eventually, players learn the game's language and that's where the important communication falls.
____

You mentioned you're level 22. At that level you still have people maining champions, rather than roles, and you have people trickling in from playing Bots. Learning roles takes time and experience and since bots don't necessarily follow a the meta, players don't learn it until they switch over to pvp.

Patraqushe

03-07-2013

This is a good idea but the one I am thinking is........
Server for different ages group.
No offense, 14 yrs old and 20 yrs old just cannot communicate
(You know what I mean: I called it FIRST.)

Dunkeldagon

03-13-2013

Racist...

qqmoarploxify

03-13-2013

I like how the OP dislikes comments that disagree with his opinion. I'll give ya guys a thumbs up!

James Snow

03-13-2013

or just have a search preference with at least with a language filter

Laros3

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqmoarploxify View Post
I like how the OP dislikes comments that disagree with his opinion. I'll give ya guys a thumbs up!
Actually the OP hasnt looked at the replies on this thread until now so don't be ignorant and assume im thumbing anything please. Your comment is now going to recieve a thumbs down though. I was looking for useful feeback or input not a snarky reply with no benefit to anyone.

Also notice that the only comment that got thumbed down was some troll calling me a racist for putting forth a suggestion. Thats not disagreeing with my point of view, its just being plain stupid.

Cheers.