Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Honor Initiative - Where's My Notification?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KibaWolf04

03-07-2013

Hi guys,

So yesterday I was playing a game and noticed that I just received the "Great Teamwork" award as it was reflected on my portriat. Awesome, right? I'm excited! However, I am a bit disappointed since I never received a notification or that cool sounds/shield/crest popup for the achievement inbetween games. I didn't immediately jump into another game too. Did Riot get rid of the cool notifications?

Also, I was previously noted as an Honorable Opponent in the game prior to reflecting the "Great Teamwork" banner. I was searching my profile and could not find any location on where I can toggle between my banners. Is there an option that allows me to choose which banner I want reflected on my portrait?

Finally, does the Honorable Opponent banner show to my opponents now that my Great Teamwork banner shows to my teammates? I remember reading something about this when Riot first released the Honor Initiative. Just wondering if someone can confirm, clarify, or deny this statement.

EDIT: Last night I logged on, played a game, and then in my next game my banner was actually the Great Leader banner. (Woo hoo!). I did not receive my notification/shield for that banner either though.

I appreciate the information!

-KibaWolf04

SoloBoy Queue

03-07-2013

I have the exact same question, I have more teamwork than honor. I got the pop up for my teamwork initiative but I don't have the banner and my honor banner went away. It kind of sucks, but I think it's only temporary for some odd reason.

KibaWolf04

03-07-2013

Well, I think our inquiries differ High Fellow...

I actually HAVE the Honorable Opponent and Great Teamwork banners on my portriat. (The banners result from the cumulation of multiple honors). I know that your honor can vanish after failing to receive honor for an extended amount of time. You may have gotten the banner and then lost it.

KibaWolf04

03-07-2013

Anyone...? lol

KibaWolf04

03-08-2013

Bump : )

Mirror

03-08-2013

In my experience, you can earn the crest without activating the "ceremony" for a while, possibly until the next server maintenance. I earned Great Leader after several days of not playing very much, and then got flooded with ceremonies for all three titles I'd unlocked after a patch, which leads me to believe things sort of recalculate on a patch/maintenance day.

/amateur theory

KibaWolf04

03-08-2013

Hm. That could be plausible. I wish a red would confirm/notify the community of what's going on.

I'm also afraid since I know people are losing their banners lately...if I dont' continue to earn Teamwork/Helpful/Friendly etc, will it completely get rid of my banner or just re-administer my Honorable Opponent one?

Exploding Barrel

03-08-2013

Quote:
KibaWolf04:
Hm. That could be plausible. I wish a red would confirm/notify the community of what's going on.

I'm also afraid since I know people are losing their banners lately...if I dont' continue to earn Teamwork/Helpful/Friendly etc, will it completely get rid of my banner or just re-administer my Honorable Opponent one?

If you lose the new banner it should revert to the Opponent banner, assuming you still qualify for it at that time.

Ladayen

03-08-2013

To earn and maintain badges you must maintain a minimum ratio of honors per game. If you do not continually get honored all ribbons and crest will eventually disappear. However you will be close to earning them back again.

KibaWolf04

03-08-2013

Lol that is super obnoxious. I wonder how it will decide which ribbon to give me.

It's funny how once I start playing support I obtain all the teamwork/helpful honors and prior I obtained Honorable Opponent for dominating everyone on the field. I guess now I will have to make sure I play a balance of support and other roles to maintain all those banners

I'd still appreciate verification from a Red on the notification thing though