How to Deal with a "Rager"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brother

03-07-2013

O.K. This is not to offend anyone. Strictly informational here.

How to Deal with a "Rager"

Option A:
Out of sight out of Mind

Mute him, and focus on your gameplay. If you are to busy reading his messages and they are fustrating you. Remove them from your view. Problem fixed.

Option B:
Don't fight fire with fire.

Talk RESPECTFULLY to the rager, ALTHOUGH you may not feel he DESERVES to be talked to respectfully. Keeping a level head will provide great results in any situation. If you and your friend have a dissagreement, would you yell at him and storm out of the house calling him "*****," or "****," and all other profanities. Or would you talk to him like he's your friend and come to a solution?

Option C:
Work with, around, and Decode what the Rager is saying

If he is not able to be reasoned with, realize that you simply talk your way through a brick wall. Proceed to communicate with other teammates respectively. You may either mute him or continue reading what he says and try to pick each piece of criticism out of it and see if it can help your gameplay or not. Ex: "Stop feeding noob," Instead of taking offense. Take that as a ragers way of saying "Stay near towers please." Try it out, Ragers have an aweful way of communicating but it is still able to be Decoded

What NOT to do
Blame everyone for whats going wrong, because it can not possibly be your fault
Start yelling at the rager telling him to "Stfu," and that he's a lil "*****."
AFK, why let someone ruin your fun and love of video games. Play on and remember it is a video game meant to be enjoyed not worshiped like a god and the rager has disobeyed the game gods so you are very upset.
Feed and give up, this makes you no better than the one raging. Dont fight fire with fire because all you get is a bigger fire

Trydan

03-07-2013

People who think 'ragers' are an issue are usually the people causing the rage. How do you deal with **** teammates? What do you do when your jungle refuses to gank, and just continues to farm jungle endlessly, and get caught alone? What about a support that wont stop autoattacking and stealing minions, or who won't ward? An ADC who doesn't last hit?

Talking nice doesn't work with half of these people, because they're level 30, and they 'know everything' already. Don't point fingers at the people sick of playing with **** players, when the problem is people who just plain don't listen.

Brother

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trydan View Post
People who think 'ragers' are an issue are usually the people causing the rage. How do you deal with **** teammates? What do you do when your jungle refuses to gank, and just continues to farm jungle endlessly, and get caught alone? What about a support that wont stop autoattacking and stealing minions, or who won't ward? An ADC who doesn't last hit?

Talking nice doesn't work with half of these people, because they're level 30, and they 'know everything' already. Don't point fingers at the people sick of playing with **** players, when the problem is people who just plain don't listen.
I appreciate the feed back. I personally believe no matter how "Bad" (I think is the word you are saying under the ****) players may be. The point of a team game is to improve together, whether or not your teammates are compliant. I believe there are many ways you can adjust to the play style of your team as you feel them out. See how you can fix yourself to mesh better with the "Bad" Players who wouldn't ever be yourself ever possibly :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
What NOT to do
• Blame everyone for whats going wrong, because it can not possibly be your fault
Edit: On another note. Ask not what your team can do for you, but what can you do for your team?
It is not You and then your team. It is the "Team" and you are a part of it.

IM GONA DIVE U

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trydan View Post

I'm with trydan on this one the issue isnt the ragers, its the people refusing to listen when you ask them to buy a ward. Or to go b because they have 200 hp yet they push to tower and wait to die. This list goes on and on and on, you can only be nice for so long before you get tired and pissed off at the amount of garbage you find queued up in rank. And you wonder how? HOW??? did they get in the same queue as you.

Theres a few answers to that, one is their friends elo boost them to places they dont belong. Another is they got lucky and think they are good so they just dont care when anyone mentions anything helpful. This goes on and on......

Honestly the only time I can trust my teammates is when its a premade 5s cause I know the people I picked know what they are doing and arent gona screw me over. Or sit at tower during a gank watch me die then tower dive the enemy and feed kills instead of just helping.

The amount of absurd **** happening in ranked that you normally only see in pubs is amazing to say the least. People are bad, really really bad lately.

Alysur

03-08-2013

I have to go with bossed on this one. My personal opinion would be why is anyone raging. I've seen people rage about wards, no ganks, etc. But the the fact boils down to the point that if the support isnt buying enough, or any at all, theres still 4 others on a team that can spend 75gp that they farm a lot faster then a support. Or a mid that goes bot/top to gank briefly ( or any lane that ends up doing well going mid to help ). Sometimes people dont play standard meta items or builds, if your expecting someone to play exactly like the last person you played with, then you need re-assess how you view the game and the players in it, cause your going to rage if your a rager (without regards to whether it works or not). I've played many games were different roles play their unique takes on a build or go completely unexpected routes, i've seen a lot of these work.

A lot of raging comes from gamers who expect you to fit a cookie cutter example, and you dont meet that expectation. Now alot can be said about playing that standard role with that standard build, people are familiar with it, no one steps out of their safety zone and they feel comfortable in knowing your doing what they want to see. But changing the game plan, doing something unexpected can throw an enemy off more then a team mate, but not always.

Granted, if the general form is sloppy you can get frustrated. I dont rage about an adc not last hitting or a jungler not ganking, ( shouldnt need one if your holding your lane down, its a bonus though ). Trying to play with the others helps a lot, maybe jungler isnt getting enough farm cause top is pinging and bot is pinging and theres no time in between, or jungler is worried about top more then bot. Play your lane safe, if they can dive you without dying at that point, you waited to long to play safe.