Riot please there is a Vladimir bug since several patches ago

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

questir

03-07-2013

EDIT: so apparently this bug is going to work as intended from now on and for me that's dumb. I'm gonna try to keep OP updated for any Rioter from the Balance team that can come by here for a wake up call and reconsider to fix this before it gets forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Hey all, here's an update.

Unfortunately, my last update was not quite correct. There was some unclear communication internally.

TL;DR of all the miscommunication is this: This is intended behavior. 6 months ago we tried taking away the cast animation. Vlad's power level spiked through the roof - his burst was insane. Nerfs would have accompanied this bugfix (kind of like when we fixed Rumble's Q). The not quite intended behavior is that you can actually cast his W immediately after his ult, but the decision was made to leave that in rather than 'fix' that. His Q and E, for now, will continue to not be able to be cast after his ult for approximately 1 second.

All this being said, it's not a clear player experience. We'll be graying out his abilities after you cast his Hemoplague so it is clear that this is the intended behavior. When you are in a teamfight, ulting will be a conscious decision - do it a second before your abilities come off cooldown to maximize your damage throughout the fight.

Sorry that I didn't keep a closer eye on this. I should've investigated more fully before updating you guys, so I apologize for any confusion my previous post contributed!

@GutEveryone: I'll doublecheck on the pool locking you out as well though. I did not cover that in my conversations.
Honestly I don't understand the reasoning of leaving this BUG because other users seems to have better points while Jozrael expains it with a vague insane burst and the current gameplay for Vlad feels clunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonMonkey View Post
A short-ranged sustained damage champion with no crowd control has insane burst if you don't stun him for 1 second after casting his ultimate? Are you serious? The only "burst" it gives him is it increases the damage of those 2 spells by 12%, 1 second sooner. This "bug" makes it almost impossible to do anything on vlad without ghost because anyone with half a brain just uses their escape or flashes the moment you ult+ignite them, wasting a summoner and what has to be one of the longest ultimate cooldowns still in the game. I am sorry if this seems to give him too much burst, but if someone jumps on me in lane at 30% hp and I still have my entire kit up, I feel like I should have enough burst to kill him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
A ONE-SECOND casting animation? You're serious?

Can we get a designer on this? This is just ridiculous.... Vlad is not even problematic right now and this is honestly killing the feel of playing the champion. Imagine Thresh not being able to cast an ability for 1 second after he used Death Leap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Anïvïa View Post
game design 101: if you have a champion that is potentially too strong simply make one of their abilities unbearably clunky to the point where it feels awful and can easily get you killed.

fun fact: not only can you not cast Q and E after ulting but you cant issue a new movement command.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHeroNamedHawke View Post
Wow guys could you imagine that?
Vlad doing more damage than "utility mages" like Ori and Liss in exchange for having basically no CC and a terrible early game?

That would be OP though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel 2k2 View Post
Damage mages? Doing damage?

What manner of hell is this?!

Meanwhile Zyra, Lux, Orianna, Lissandra, who have ten times the CC and range Vlad has, also have more burst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
I know the answer to that, but you're not going to like it:

It's because Vladimir has been one of the most problematic champions in the game to balance, slight tweaks can send him into godhood or the dumpster. He's been pretty fairly balanced for a while now (erring a little on the weak side), I don't think Riot wants to risk throwing his balance for a loop again.

Regardless, I still think the issue should be fixed and Riot should put the effort into balancing him around it, because having hidden mechanics that literally make you CC yourself is retarded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the bug is about for the people who still don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gholdenman View Post
I noticed it yesterday but was able to properly look at it today. When I use my Hemoplague ability (while playing Vladimir obviously) and put it on the ground, I can't use any of other my spells for a short time afterwards. It lasts about a second and all commands besides movement, auto-attack commands and summoner spells seem to be ignored. It is really, really annoying because this was never an issue before the patch and the sudden lack of an action has killed me several times already.

And since I tried it out on Dominion, it should also be said that when I Hemoplague and try to capture a point, the spell won't cast until a second has passed, proving that the invisible lock out of abilities includes the hidden capture spell.

Please fix this! It is so painful to lose the fluid motion of my favourite champ.

EDIT
: Further information. The bug has occurred on both Crystal Scar and Summoner's Rift (Normal, Ranked, Custom and Co-op vs A.I), it is irrelevent what the Hemoplague hits (Neutral, minions, champions, mixed, nothing) as it always triggers a 1 second period where spell casts do not go off at all. The bug also affects all three ranks of Hemoplague.

I can still attempt to give the command but nothing happens when I am in range however if I am not in range to use Transfusion, Vlad still runs to try to be in range and if it takes longer then a second to reach the target, Transfusion will go off normally. The second delay is still there for moves I can't target with however. (Sanguine Pool, Tides of Blood)

Summoner Spells (Ghost, Ignite and Flash at least, I have not tested others) work normally in all cases.

I only call it a silence but it doesn't actually prevent me from trying to cast the abilities, they just don't go off unless it takes a second to reach them as mentioned above.
This bug makes Vlad to lose DPS, CD rotation wise because Hemoplague (R) amplifies all kind of damage for the last 5 seconds and Vlad's Q-E, both can be cast two times before Hemoplague debuff ends if you start casting that right after you Hemoplague people. However this bug makes it really hard to do so or i would say impossible and we all know LoL it's a game of seconds. Where every second counts so this is huge.

questir

03-07-2013

bump

SebaWDK

03-07-2013

I never thought about it but its true, i thought it was something meant to be like that not a bug xD

questir

03-07-2013

bump

questir

03-07-2013

bump

Miiddlefinger

03-07-2013

Why didn't you post this in the bug reports forum?

Jamochawoke

03-07-2013

He did he's saying he hasn't gotten a response in over a month.

K G Morder

03-07-2013

bump

questir

03-07-2013

bump

questir

03-07-2013

bump

1234511 ... 31