How come I can't choose who to play with and against for ranked ladder matches?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname950

Member

03-07-2013

Just wondering what Riot have against it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deldris

Senior Member

03-07-2013

I think that falls under "rigging your matches in your favor."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thestuey

Senior Member

03-07-2013

You can choose who to play with. As for who you play against, I want you to seriously consider that question for a minute, and think of how many different ways that could be abused.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname950

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deldris View Post
I think that falls under "rigging your matches in your favor."
But would you not be able to make matches weighted heavily in your favor gain you much much less MMR/LP? I would think Riot could do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenSword8

Senior Member

03-07-2013

I would be challenger ez if I got to choose who I played against.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname950

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestuey View Post
You can choose who to play with. As for who you play against, I want you to seriously consider that question for a minute, and think of how many different ways that could be abused.
I don't see how. If you choose who to play against, and they're far inferior to your skill, you would simply earn such little MMR/LP for a win that it wouldn't be worth the time. And if you lost, you would lose a WHOOOOOOOOOLE lot more.


It's exactly like duo queueing, only more specific.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname950

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSword8 View Post
I would be challenger ez if I got to choose who I played against.
If you tried to stack your enemies with bads, you would gain 1 or 0 LP/MMR for a win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deldris

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
But would you not be able to make matches weighted heavily in your favor gain you much much less MMR/LP? I would think Riot could do that.
"Oh boy it's time for my series to move up a tier. I guess I'll just play with these Platinum players and my opponents will be Gold III."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname950

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deldris View Post
"Oh boy it's time for my series to move up a tier. I guess I'll just play with these Platinum players and my opponents will be Gold III."
Why do we HAVE to have series games in order to move up? We did fine without them in s2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deldris

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
Why do we HAVE to have series games in order to move up? We did fine without them in s2.
Because everybody complained about how Elo was an unfair measurement of skill. (Granted it wasn't the best system for a team game.) So they decided to come up with a new system. The one we currently use.

I think it'd be perfect if they'd just tweak MMR to be a little more forgiving once you hit Tier I. Hitting 90 LP then getting 1-3 LP per win and losing like 8-10 per loss is pretty discouraging.


12