Black Cleaver or Ravenous Hydra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason411

03-07-2013

Recently got Kha'Zix and I wasn't expecting to ever get close to full build in a game with him that wasn't bot matches. So I didn't think I'd ever have to choose between these two items on Kha'Zix. But the first PvP match I played with him I actually got all but my Warmog's and I even had the gold for it before we won. So I'm sure at some point I'll have another good game with him and need to choose between these two items.

While I'm jumping around in fights with my evolved leap it really seems like it might be useful to have the active of Ravenous along with the AoE you get when attacking.

But on the other hand the Black Cleaver gives armor shred of up to 25% which is nice since my build ALSO includes a Last Whisper. But that almost seems like overkill.

Full build is:

Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Manamune
The Bloodthirster
The Black Cleaver(Haven't tried with Ravenous Hydra yet)
Last Whisper
Warmog's Armor

Got the build from http://www.lolpro.com/guides/khazix/...ane-crs-angush

iRequiem

03-07-2013

stick to the black cleaver. Kha'zix is an AD caster, and because his TTF(Q) is such a low cooldown its able to be spammed. BC's passive stacks with basics and skills while RH only applies to basics.

Jason411

03-07-2013

Ah. Didn't think of that. Thank you sir :]

Sukh01

03-07-2013

@iRequiem: I also have Kha'zix and I wanted to know about the Warmog's build, because it got nerfed and the BOTRK got boosted...
Is okay to buy Warmog's? Can I replace Warmog's with a better item?

Jason411

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
@iRequiem: I also have Kha'zix and I wanted to know about the Warmog's build, because it got nerfed and the BOTRK got boosted...
Is okay to buy Warmog's? Can I replace Warmog's with a better item?
If your build is similar than the one I posted then I'd say Warmog's should be gotten.

Only time I wouldn't get Warmog's is if they're a mostly AD/AP team and they don't have armor shred/magic pen. Then I'd get something with a lot of armor or something with a lot of MR.

I have VERY limited experience with Kha'Zix so far. But even getting Warmog's has helped in the games I've played(Only one PvP but the bots I played were harder than the PvP opponents honestly). A glass cannony type of build can probably work really well with evolved E. But with the build I posted you're doing so much damage that you might as well go ahead and get some health or resistances.

Sanvaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-07-2013

Go with Black Cleaver. Brutalizer should be the first item you get on your first or second back. Not only does it give you some good burst early game, but you can clear minion waves EASILY with one evolved W. Finish off the Cleaver build sometime in mid game.

Jason411

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvaer View Post
Go with Black Cleaver. Brutalizer should be the first item you get on your first or second back. Not only does it give you some good burst early game, but you can clear minion waves EASILY with one evolved W. Finish off the Cleaver build sometime in mid game.
That's what I've been doing. I get Tear of The Goddess first though because Kha'Zix is SO mana hungry(This is top lane btw). Then Brutalizer, boots, then Vamp Septer. Then those get built into the full build later.

Sukh01

03-07-2013

I was thinking of GA, because of the "R" and the MR this item gives. But GA also got nerfed on S3. But I do jungle Kha'zix more than top/mid lane Kha', and it's difficult to get Warmog's without passing on the AD items.

Sanvaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason411 View Post
That's what I've been doing. I get Tear of The Goddess first though because Kha'Zix is SO mana hungry(This is top lane btw). Then Brutalizer, boots, then Vamp Septer. Then those get built into the full build later.
That's why you should go midlane with Kha'Zix. Your jungler can give you blue buff, and you can spam your W all day. I wouldn't recommend going to with him because of his low sustain. You can get pushed out of lane much easier and probably have to back more often than your opponent. But you should also go midlane because, once you take tower/push to tower, Kha'Zix's high mobility kit allows for you to roam/gank top and bottom when you can.

Jason411

03-07-2013

Personally I prefer top over mid. I won lane against a Thresh which hurts(Never actually realized he was ranged -___- ). So I'd imagine I can do well against more traditional melee tops.

I've owned Kha'Zix for like 24 hours though(wasn't joking when I said I recently got him xD ). So I'm still experimenting with him. Haven't even gotten around to jungling with him yet which is my favorite thing to do.