The EG Curse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vladimir Bowie

03-07-2013

I'm gonna go ahead and take this as proof.

RavenSword8

03-07-2013

Meh, it was a bit overhyped.

It didn't destroy everyone on their SC2 team, but the older members got hurt. Too soon to see if former clg will be affected.

Xeynid

03-07-2013

No, eg used to be clg.eu, not curse.
Silly op

Vladimir Bowie

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeynid View Post
No, eg used to be clg.eu, not curse.
Silly op
Curse is CLG though.

Dewtrocity

03-07-2013

The EG curse isn't real, it's just that EG brings in players while they are at the top of their game and hyped up so naturally they aren't going to play as well a few months down the road, it's the same thing as the "Madden Curse" players have career years, get on the cover and don't do as well the next season because their previous season was just that, a career year.

However to say EG players suck when they move to EG is ignorant, their players have won many things while on EG.

Vladimir Bowie

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewtrocity View Post
The EG curse isn't real, it's just that EG brings in players while they are at the top of their game and hyped up so naturally they aren't going to play as well a few months down the road, it's the same thing as the "Madden Curse" players have career years, get on the cover and don't do as well the next season because their previous season was just that, a career year.

However to say EG players suck when they move to EG is ignorant, their players have won many things while on EG.
I think you need to watch Geniuses Falling, and you'll see that the EG Curse is real, and scary.

Dewtrocity

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Bowie View Post
I think you need to watch Geniuses Falling, and you'll see that the EG Curse is real, and scary.
Holy hell how did I not see that video before?!?!?!? That's hilarious though, but ya, EG players have shown very good results, it's like whenever they don't win a tournament it is "lol EG sucks so much EG curse didn't win tournament" It's dumb ^_^

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

The EG curse is real in that good triumphs over evil.

RavenSword8

03-07-2013

At risk of making people mad for talking about SC2 on league forums, the curse was pretty solid, but there are flaws in it.

Incontrol's time as a player passed already, and 2011 was the last sight of him being a great player. Idra will always be around, but he has been slowly getting outclassed. Machine has always been meh.

Honestly, Huk and Thorzain were the only EG members that weren't dead for a while. They still played well for a while.

I hope former clg doesn't die because of their move to EG.They're a great team and I would love to see them return to the top. Fnatic+GG is scary competition in EU though, and then there is the asia teams.

Vladimir Bowie

03-07-2013

Raven, The Team Formerly Known as CLG.eu is already dead. You need to accept that.