the support in low elo rank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damerfl1nn

03-08-2013

Supports can carry, and a lot of the time they are the ones that win a game, and just never get the credit. Sona is a big example of this. A good sona will get 3+ people in every ulti and win that team fight for the team. But never get the credit.

Don't confuse getting the credit for carrying, with actually carrying. If you like support you'll have to accept this, and hopefully you will rise out of the ladder you are in and reach a level where your play is at least understood.

ocnus

03-08-2013

Be really helpful but get no credit This is part of the reason why people don't like to play support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damerfl1nn View Post
Supports can carry, and a lot of the time they are the ones that win a game, and just never get the credit. Sona is a big example of this. A good sona will get 3+ people in every ulti and win that team fight for the team. But never get the credit.

Don't confuse getting the credit for carrying, with actually carrying. If you like support you'll have to accept this, and hopefully you will rise out of the ladder you are in and reach a level where your play is at least understood.

ocnus

03-08-2013

You can play other roles and carry yourself to higher elo then start to play support again, if you really like to play support. The importance of support to a game is more important in a higher elo because as the elo increases, every single detail becomes to matter a lot, while in lower elo there are always so many throws and counter-throws that the advantage a good support offers to the ad and your team is trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXHunter View Post
sometime it just make me feel upset, i work so hard and i cant carry a game,(im only a support.......), and i hate to see someone just trolling the game and u cant do anything, they refuse negositing and flame..

Scarlet Ambition

03-08-2013

Heya Bluescarla,
I play support too and let me tell you this. Although having map control with wards is good but also building your support build FOR your team is equally important. Support is hard mostly due you have to baby sit your team alot. Buying items which gives them auras and buffs helps you babysit them. So all your money shouldn't just go to wards. You shouldn't be the only one really just warding especially during laneing phase. Why? I say this because Your all the way down in bot lane with your ADC and Top says report the support for not warding. ( I get top players yelling at me for that most of the time because they don't ward their area) It's pretty dam stupid that you have to walk your ass all the way to top lane just to place a ward and go back down? Doing that makes you fall be hide and lose EXP. So I'll tell you this. Don't be too pressured to by wards, Pinging helps alot also and If you learn how to track the enemy's jungler's movements That would really help you A LOT! So ya if somebody gives you **** about not warding. Don't get mad. Just continue to do your job unless you weren't warding properly and feeding but I highly doubt that.

TehomCD

03-08-2013

I feel you can carry as support at low Elo, though your influence is somewhat hampered by your team. Hard-carrying when you're better by a ridiculous degree than the rest of your team is usually something like going legendary, killing everyone who tries to stop you, and taking objectives over and over. You can do that by making your carry go legendary, but he needs to actually cooperate with you, and that won't always happen.

Also, people will just compliment your carry, not you. You'll just need to accept that, no matter how bad they are, people will attribute their success to them.

Fs Son0fSilas

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXHunter View Post
sometime it just make me feel upset, i work so hard and i cant carry a game,(im only a support.......), and i hate to see someone just trolling the game and u cant do anything, they refuse negositing and flame..
FALSE...well not entirely. My view is that you are the carry's CARRY. You put on your big boy pants, strap on your big ass back pack full of wards and auras, and you carry the hell out of bot.

When I support (or adc) I like to communicate what our strategy is for the laning phase. Am I supporting for vayne? K, play passive and just farm up. After 6 we'll wait for them to over-aggress and then move in for a double when they get out of position. Supporting Sivir? Tell them to stay either to my back left or back right and I will bait poke for you to shield and get mana. Wait for my ping, for a max damage Q.

Try to take time to learn the best match ups, ask who they would most like to see support. Fill a comp out if you aren't FP. How much sustain does the team need, does the team need a tank/off-tank, do you need poke bot? Etc.

You can also be the team carry by calling out strategies for the team. "Top missing, watch gank mid/don't go into their jungle", "double kill bot, do dragon NOW", "grabbing pinks, set up for Baron gank".

Lastly study up on what the pro supports do, when and where do they ward? How do they zone, and can you zone without bush control? Can I bait attacks, and play out a counter attack?