Need help BADLY BCUZ l R NOOB

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sosuke A1Z3N

03-07-2013

ok so how do i put it, I have been stuck in gold for 3 seasons now. My highest rating was 1700 so i have never once even touched platinum. I watch streams and tournaments and try my best to keep up with meta and bans and i also learn champs that stomp solo queue like jax and graves. Currently i am in gold division IV (not this account). I don't know what im doing wrong and wish someone can mentor me or something cuz i dont want to be a noob anymore and want to at least see platinum b4 season 3 ends.

Blue Prism

03-07-2013

you realize that "gold" in the new tier system is like the top 10% of players or something like that?

mrdude5410

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Prism View Post
you realize that "gold" in the new tier system is like the top 10% of players or something like that?
It always was the top 10%, just they let you fall below the equivalent of bronze V so it actually filled out the bell curve. MMR still does, but because they refuse to introduce a tin tier, the playerbase looks like they're clustered in the bottom two tiers.

OT: find someone at a higher rank to play with/against. Sometimes talking to someone about the game makes you realize things you never noticed just by watching.

Sosuke A1Z3N

03-07-2013

While i do appreciate the debate about percent tiers it still doesn't change the fact that I have being stuck in the same tier for 3 season is pretty shameful.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Change your name to something that's not a reference to Bleach or Naruto, and you will gain 100 elo for free.

Sosuke A1Z3N

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Price View Post
Change your name to something that's not a reference to Bleach or Naruto, and you will gain 100 elo for free.
Again this isnt the account i use to ranked seriously.

mrdude5410

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke A1Z3N View Post
While i do appreciate the debate about percent tiers it still doesn't change the fact that I have being stuck in the same tier for 3 season is pretty shameful.
You've just hit a wall. Find a friendly plat/diamond player to play with/against in customs and discuss the game with them. You're probably missing a few simple things you didn't even realize you were missing.

Sosuke A1Z3N

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude5410 View Post
You've just hit a wall. Find a friendly plat/diamond player to play with/against in customs and discuss the game with them. You're probably missing a few simple things you didn't even realize you were missing.
I have trouble finding some thats why i decide to make a thread hoping someone of that caliber can jump in.

Farranor

03-07-2013

Have you considered that perhaps you are simply a gold-tier player? It's good that you want to do better, but it's not necessarily a matter of infinite perplexity that you're somehow "stuck" in gold.

Gold isn't even bad.

Sosuke A1Z3N

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
Have you considered that perhaps you are simply a gold-tier player? It's good that you want to do better, but it's not necessarily a matter of infinite perplexity that you're somehow "stuck" in gold.

Gold isn't even bad.
Don't need u to tell me that to know, i just want someone to give me pointers by watching/playing with me as to how i can get to platinum.