Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Win = 1 LP, Lose = -19

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kugi

03-07-2013

So I just won 6 ranked games in a row and got myself from 87 LP to 98 LP
(87>91>93>95>97>98)
and lost a game loses 19 points! went straight to 79 LP! WTF IS THIS

I mean seriously, I should have been promoted to gold by now!

BroloSwag

03-07-2013

im in your same boat dude..im only winning 3-6 points a game max and losing 16-20 points a game...i miss the old elo system

Kugi

03-07-2013

Quote:
Boracho:
im in your same boat dude..im only winning 3-6 points a game max and losing 16-20 points a game...i miss the old elo system

Roit really f***ed this up, I can live with low LP per game, just dont make me lose 10 times what I'm gaining per game.

I hope Roit would make some compensations according to this issue.
Just give me the gold rank that I rightfully deserve and I'm happy

But probably not gonna happen :|

Pobbes

03-07-2013

When your at the top of a division. You will not be granted a promotion series until your hidden elo is high enough that the game considers you capable of playing in the next tier. This happens at the top of division 1 in every tier. While you are there, the LP basically doesn't matter. You need to win enough games for the game to think you are gold. I know +1 LP last game.

SunKist Sudafed

03-07-2013

Quote:
Pobbes:
When your at the top of a division. You will not be granted a promotion series until your hidden elo is high enough that the game considers you capable of playing in the next tier. This happens at the top of division 1 in every tier. While you are there, the LP basically doesn't matter. You need to win enough games for the game to think you are gold. I know +1 LP last game.

Nailed it, its called clamping.. basically the system doesnt think ur good enough to play the next tier yet, so you LP get clamped, and you have to play slightly more than ur average number of games to prove to the system you didnt just win how ever many games u've won on a flook like a string of lucky carries, 4v5 (5 being your team) ect. Increase your W/L ratio and your LP will return to normal. After/If you move up ex. Bronze>Silver Ur LP gain should return to normal

LogicalTautology

03-07-2013

Quote:
Kugiura:
Roit really f***ed this up, I can live with low LP per game, just dont make me lose 10 times what I'm gaining per game.

I hope Roit would make some compensations according to this issue.
Just give me the gold rank that I rightfully deserve and I'm happy

But probably not gonna happen :|

If you rightfully deserved it, you'd be there already. Them giving it to you would in fact imply that you did not rightfully deserve it.

Just saying.

iTziLLiRL

03-07-2013

It's because of how much you guys are winning it's like the system is asking itself "should I promote this guy" the pts don't mean jack squat when you guys win close to 7 or more you guys can get instantly promoted up from bronze 4 to bronze 2 for example. If you notice after you just dropped all that pts it goes back to normal. Also the fact that you're in your 90 pts and on a win streak

Kugi

03-07-2013

Quote:
ol Sleepy lo:
Also the fact that you're in your 90 pts and on a win streak

Why should points be deducted when on win streak, this doesnt make sense to me. Shouldn't the win streak just an indacator that shows whos on a win streak in the league? Its not like Im scrimming against players that are significantly lower elo than me.
If thats the fact why even bother getting win streak, just win 3 and lose 1 to maintain full amount of LP gain.