Question:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FingFuzzball

03-06-2013

Why does this forum exist? Don't get me wrong, I love lore, but why do we have a lore forum when Riot has axed all the stories even the Journal of Justice, except for the mandatory "this champion had this happen to them then zoop zop zoobity boop they're in the League"

SoresuMakashi

03-06-2013

Well, Riot periodically comes here to tell us than "more lore is coming once we figure out how to present it". It's been a very long wait but I still cling to hope.

Aside from that, it's just a good place for lore lovers to get together and discuss stuff. GD is just full of complaints about balance.

Also, Renekton Bot.

OriginalA

03-06-2013

I have a question:
What do you think the last event worthy of note was that happened within the Lore?

sexpredator69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Swain becoming Higher General of noxus... I think the was after the discovery of crystal scar right?

OriginalA

03-07-2013

Yes, that was after the entire Kalamanda thing. That was at the end of the JoJ.

So you don't consider Ionia losing a school to be worthy of note.
You don't consider the Kinkou nearly getting entirely wiped out worthy of note
You don't consider King Jarvan III nearly getting assassinated worthy of note.
You don't consider most of the Solari Elders being murdered worthy of note.
You don't consider Viktor stealing from Piltover worthy of note.
You don't consider Heracim cutting a bloody swath through Valoran from Demacia to the League as being worthy of note.
You don't consider a bunch of Piltover scientists being captured by Zaun as being worthy of note.
You don't consider Volibear's brother dieing and him taking his position as leader of the clan, nor his alliance with Freljord as worthy of note.

Have I got that right?
Cause, to me, that's a lot of stuff that is note worthy.

Montesque64

03-07-2013

Or, lesser, the reveal of Vi as Catelyn's assistant,
or the increasing number of Shadow Isles champs and the hints they give us regarding the nature of the place,
or the introduction of the Nami/Diana moonstone plot line.

Those either?

chase2426

03-07-2013

*Clears throat* BURRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

and considering your just a fuzzball burns must do Tons Of Damage :P

Also as a side note on why this forum exits: We lore nerds also have a hope for the future where Riot will stop neglecting lore. The lore has not been non existent it just hasn't been as rich recently.
We also read between the lines and have foreshadowed (<-hah puns) an incoming invasion from the Shadow Isles.

Personally I think if we keep trying Riot will at some point start churning out some sort of extra Lore. Like in the form of Raam Steed's Journal. <- God that would be awesome

Montesque64

03-07-2013

I personally really enjoy this forum, for the same reason I enjoy the forums of ongoing book series: Speculation and piecing together bits of info to predict future developments is a ton of fun. Between the times when the books (or plot stuff) comes out, then we make due as well as we can with these things, and rejoice when new tidbits are revealed.

OriginalA

03-07-2013

Quote:
Personally I think if we keep trying Riot will at some point start churning out some sort of extra Lore. Like in the form of Raam Steed's Journal. <- God that would be awesome
There was Quinn's Journal that came out. That was pretty cool and definitely a step in the right direction. IIRC IronStylus said that that type of things wasn't going to happen with every new Champion, but I'm still looking forward to the next time Riot does something like that. I could totally see a Ram Steed Journal done in a similar style, but instead of being Champion related have it more based around plot developments. That way it doesn't have to shoehorn the plot around whichever Champion is being released at the time. I'm not opposed to it referencing upcoming or recently released Champions; I just wouldn't want the plot to suffer just to advertise the latest Champion.

Heck, maybe he could find Katarina and Cassiopeia's father and interview him for an explanation on what he learned about the Kalamanda scandal as well as what he has been doing while he was missing.

Montesque64

03-08-2013

They already are doing something like Quinn's journal with ZAC's development notes.