Flaw with the honor system?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckyCharm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Okay, don't get me wrong, i love the idea of the system as it is. But I cannot seem to get a teamwork ribbon nomatter how many teamwork points i've recieved. I main support so its more common for me than honorable opponent, however My honorable opponent ribbon is the only one that appears / stays there. I have 185 teamwork ,and 158 honorable. but since i got the honorable one first.. It overwrites it.

Is this intentional? Or would having a changing ribbon be a more effective way of making players better at teamwork etc knowing that their ribbons can change to reflect?

Mirror

03-06-2013

When you earn the Great Teammate crest, it will be displayed instead of your Honorable Opponent. =) Keep at it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-06-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You also need more than just Teamwork Honors to unlock Great Teammate.

I heard someone mention that you may also need some Friendly Honors...

Andichu

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You also need more than just Teamwork Honors to unlock Great Teammate.

I heard someone mention that you may also need some Friendly Honors...
Here's a question for you. What value do any of these "so called" rewards have if we, the player base have absolutely no concrete idea about what they mean in real terms?

I get that you've explained and illustrated behavior that you need to demonstrate to get the magical ribbon, but what kind of practical value does that have for the average player? Moreover, why does anyone particularly care?

Understandably, there are some merits to not telling us, the player base, the exact metrics required to get a ribbon (e.g., you need honored in X, Y and/or Z categories in N% of your games to get P reward), but this sort of nebulous **** about "well you need to be a nice person and uh we find that uh players who rage lose more, so try and be NICE you might get a ribbon that means jack **** in terms of the players we're going to put you with" really doesn't seem to have done all that much, in my own anecdotal experience to really make people play better.

Rune998

03-07-2013

I'm kind of interested in what the thresholds actually are because I get honor all the time and I'm the only player on my friends list who doesn't have a ribbon of some kind.

Andichu

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune998 View Post
I'm kind of interested in what the thresholds actually are because I get honor all the time and I'm the only player on my friends list who doesn't have a ribbon of some kind.
I understand their desire not to tell us the actual thresholds so people don't try and game the system; I am, personally, more concerned about the lack of context in practical terms to what getting a ribbon means or rather why you got one and not the other or got one at all. Further it seems that since according Lyte, they internally group us players into "positive" "neutral" and "toxic" it would be helpful for players to know what they can do to get better, not just when they've managed to get reported enough times to get sent to the gulag but when they exhibit certain traits at regular intervals.

Cerant

03-07-2013

What's the best reward an honor ribbon gives you?

I'd say all the ladies.