Jungle Morgana guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComBrandon

03-06-2013

Hello everyone, recently I've noticed not a lot of people are getting into unique strategies, nor are any guides being made of powerful, yet unique builds. Well today I'm going to show you how to play as Morgana in the jungle, as opposed to the usual middle lane.

Okay to start, we are going to fix our rune and mastery page to fit the role, we are going to want to keep her tankyness, as well as give her some damage for early ganks.

I recommend 21/9/0 for the masteries, you may choose whatever you like from each of these trees, but I do recommend getting health, and tough skin from the defense tree, to aid in your ganking and jungling efforts.

Next up is runes, an important aspect of jungling with Morgana is her rune page. She requires a slightly different rune page to jungle effectively, not only for killing jungle monsters, but in order to deal enough damage to make a successful gank. The most efficient rune page for this is as follows.
9 Attack damage marks
9 armor seals
9 flat AP glyphs
3 flat AP quints
And yes, I said attack damage marks. These are very important for her, and will keep you from feeling sluggish when you jungle. Aside from this, the goal of playing Morgana in the jungle role is to deal extreme burst damage from a range, with the assistance of your ally to hopefully pick up a kill. These attack damage marks can mean the difference between picking up a kill, and having them flash away with a small amount of health.

Now to the gameplay aspect of jungling with Morgana.
Morgana has 2 main abilities that make her a large threat to any lane that dares let their guard down for even a second. Her tormented soil ability, being one of these is going to be the main source of damage, assuming you can land your snare. So we will level this one up first, as a usual middle lane Morgana would. Second will come the snare, this ability is the bread and butter of Morgana and will allow her to make very successful ganks, either injuring or killing your opponent. On level 2 (right after either red or blue buff), you should grab this and make an immediate gank. Whether or not you pick up a kill, if you land your snare, and your tormented soil, with the aid of your ally and your auto attacks, you can put a very large dent in an opponent, sometimes killing them, or burning flash. You will then want to analyze the game, and decide on what priorities need to come first. Most of the time, after the first gank you will want to continue clearing the jungle, but do not neglect your ganks. A strong jungler always keeps a constant eye on all lanes, and continues to harass the lanes, giving your allies the advantage.

So to be clear, you will usually level up your first 3 abilities as
W - Q - W
Anything after this is situational, but putting your first 3 points into these is crucial to clearing the jungle quickly and efficiently.

Items:
Start the game off with cloth armor + 5 hp pots, or whatever you are comfortable with really.
You are going to want to build that cloth armor (assuming you started with it) into a Seekers armguard right away, even before boots, as this item is very important to get early on. You will then want to get tier 2 boots (usually sorcerers shoes), and then start building on rod of ages. After Rod of Ages is done, you will want to finish your Zhonya's hourglass, and build straight into either a deathcap, or a defense item, depending on the situation. The rest of the items you will need are purely situational, as Morgana is very versatile, and she can make use of many items.

Finally, some tips and tricks for playing Morgana in the jungle
#1: Don't be hasty to throw your snare as soon as you enter a lane to gank, watch their movements, and coordinate with your team.
#2: Don't take any secured kills from a teammate, unless this teammate is a support.
#3: Hitting level 6 and acquiring your ultimate is the shining point of jungle Morgana's game, use this wisely, and try to pick up a kill for your team as soon as you get it.
#4: When you are ganking bottom, in most situations do not cast your shield on yourself, shield the carry instead.
#5: When attacking a strong buff early on at full health (brown wolf, blue buff, red buff, dragon), do not use your smite right away. Morgana's spell vamp passive works with smite, and will restore a large chunk of your health only if you are not already at full.
#6: If possible during the game, the best place to throw your snare is directly from the bush. This isn't likely to work, as almost all players have several wards, but if you know for sure that it isn't warded, throwing a snare directly from the bush will prove most effective.
#7: Most of the time, the enemy blue, or red buff will spawn at 7 minutes, depending on which one they killed first. Morgana's unique ability to kill jungle monsters extremely fast, as well as maintaining a very strong escape mechanism allows her to steal a buff very easily and efficiently with little risk.
#8: Usually you will want to start at wolves, then blue buff. But if your team insists on invading, grab your snare first, instead of your tormented soil, if the gank does not go well, you will need to ask for assistance to kill your own buff. Otherwise, play as usual with the successful raid.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this guide, please try it out and post constructive feedback. And most importantly have fun playing League of Legends!

Armstice

03-06-2013

I'd say she would probably benifit from going mach. 5 pots into stone more than armguard. Maybe that's just me though. Going oom in the jungle would be a death sentence, nothing worse than being executed by double golems on your second clear.

ComBrandon

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
I'd say she would probably benifit from going mach. 5 pots into stone more than armguard. Maybe that's just me though. Going oom in the jungle would be a death sentence, nothing worse than being executed by double golems on your second clear.
Trust me you will not run out of mana or be executed if you follow the guide, you will not even be close to it.

lm On The Case

03-06-2013

Ive jungled morg s2 and s3 ezpz

this season go machete into madreds (helps you save mana early , originally went spirit stone until I seen a certain stream with other unique junglers going with the ol' xman claws)

next build gp10 if you are a bit behind / on track , if you are ahead go straight for zhonyas.

when you get zhonyas then just build how you see fit for the game.

runes / masteries

I use the same as I do for maokai