Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some questions about ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Separated

03-06-2013

I have a couple of questions about ADC..
First I been playing ADC and it is my style. I'm not a good ADC player neither am I decent that is why i'm here to ask questions hoping someone out there may answer me.
Lets talk about SS and PD

1.) Why are "some" champions better with SS and some better with PD? What is the whole logic behind it and why those specific champions?
2.) What is the difference between a good ADC player and a bad ADC player in a "pro" viewpoint?
3.) I have a friend who can carry the game just by having a little advantage in gold or such sort (not too sure). While I do great on bot, I still can't carry the game. For example, I get like 4-5 kills bot, I still get owned pretty badly. I know that ADC are squishy and positioning and last hitting is key, but how do I use that advantage (if i am really ahead and doing really really well in bot) to its fullest?
4.) Lets say you lost in team fight and enemy gets a lot ground. What do you do? Often times, I find myself clueless and or following someone who don't know what to do too.
5.) After bot tower is destroyed, what do I do? Stay bot and keep farming or go help mid or top?
6.) Last question... Some ADCs rely on crit, some on flat dmg, and others on its abilities for example ezreal using iceborn gauntlet because of the passive.. How do you tell what adc uses what and what items to get? Like what is the whole logic behind it?

Thanks. I would like to learn more about ADC so I can improve myself and carry great.

Also...Is this the right section? Or does this need to be moved?

4Degreez

03-07-2013

PD works better with aa, and it scales better in the late game too. Whereas, SS offers comparable AOE damage in the early - mid game, and it makes gold farming much easier too. In short, SS is good for champions who do not rely solely on aa to dish out damage in team fight (cuz critical rate and damage do not stack with skills) such as Miss Fortune (E and R skills). On the other hand, PD is good for champions such as Vayne and Caitlyn.

Separated

03-07-2013

How do you tell if a champion solely relys on AA or crit dmg?

Crs Sanvaer

Master Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
Intentionalities:
How do you tell if a champion solely relys on AA or crit dmg?

It will tell you if you read their abilities. Such as Draven: his Q makes every spinning axe you land on an opponent deal crit damage.

Separated

03-07-2013

so it is mainly on the abilities correct? If the ability says critical damage, then you get crit item meaning it is SS. What about ezreal? Should he get PD or SS? What is the logic behind him? What if the ability doesn't mention anything about crit damage and such? Should I assume it relys on AA?

OhBoyItsaMegaman

03-07-2013

Quote:
Sanvaer:
It will tell you if you read their abilities. Such as Draven: his Q makes every spinning axe you land on an opponent deal crit damage.

That's incorrect. Spinning Axe modifies the attack to do an additional 45-85% of Draven's AD. It's not a crit. And if that attack does crit, the bonus damage from Spinning Axe is not increased.

Crs Sanvaer

Master Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
OhBoyItsaMegaman:
That's incorrect. Spinning Axe modifies the attack to do an additional 45-85% of Draven's AD. It's not a crit. And if that attack does crit, the bonus damage from Spinning Axe is not increased.

While this is true, you're forgetting his passive.

GON the Mage Guy

03-07-2013

Quote:
Intentionalities:
I have a couple of questions about ADC..
First I been playing ADC and it is my style. I'm not a good ADC player neither am I decent that is why i'm here to ask questions hoping someone out there may answer me.
Lets talk about SS and PD

1.) Why are "some" champions better with SS and some better with PD? What is the whole logic behind it and why those specific champions?

Depends on what you're going for. You're also leaving out Runaan's Hurricane.

Shiv gives extra AOE damage, while Phantom Dancer gives you no unit collision. PD is good on champions that have no escape, and a little more boost in movement speed. I believe it gives more attack speed as well (I don't have the numbers in front of me).

Quote:

2.) What is the difference between a good ADC player and a bad ADC player in a "pro" viewpoint?

Depends on what type of "pro" you're talking about. There's people that think they're "pro" because they get a lot of kills, and then there's "pro" that actually is team-oriented and doesn't do things like force the support to only buy the wards.

Good team-oriented ADCs:
1. Use whatever extra gold they have to buy 1-2 wards when they can
2. Do not get upset if a support accidentally gets a kill instead of you
3. Assist with Dragon and, if the lane calls for it, gank mid
4. Judges when the right time to take the tower is (hint: Rushing the tower down isn't always the right choice)
5. Is aware of when their jungler is around to allow the enemy to push
6. Is aware when the enemy jungler is around and knows when to back off
7. Positioning positioning positioning.

Quote:

3.) I have a friend who can carry the game just by having a little advantage in gold or such sort (not too sure). While I do great on bot, I still can't carry the game. For example, I get like 4-5 kills bot, I still get owned pretty badly. I know that ADC are squishy and positioning and last hitting is key, but how do I use that advantage (if i am really ahead and doing really really well in bot) to its fullest?

Gank mid, don't get cocky with kills, don't enter fights first, allow your team to protect you.

Quote:

4.) Lets say you lost in team fight and enemy gets a lot ground. What do you do? Often times, I find myself clueless and or following someone who don't know what to do too.

Need more context. Losing a teamfight where? What objectives were taken as a result? How many of them are alive? What are their health levels?

If everyone on their team is at half health, your team needs to focus one at a time instead of hitting whoever.

If only their tank is damaged, bad positioning and bad focus. Ward more and focus the ones doing damage.

Lost at Baron/Dragon? Don't fight when Baron/Dragon's attacking you, ward in a few minutes and gank them when Dragon's back up.

Ward, ward, ward. Sight is never a bad thing, and the more you have, the better off you are.

Quote:

5.) After bot tower is destroyed, what do I do? Stay bot and keep farming or go help mid or top?

Depends on what the other team is doing. This game is full of judgment calls. Did bot lane leave? Do you have wards up so you can safely push and retreat if need be? Do the other lanes need help more?

Quote:

6.) Last question... Some ADCs rely on crit, some on flat dmg, and others on its abilities for example ezreal using iceborn gauntlet because of the passive.. How do you tell what adc uses what and what items to get? Like what is the whole logic behind it?

I'm not sure how to answer this one without going into detail about each champion. Generally you can tell by their kit. Ezreal CAN benefit from Iceborn, but he benefits more from Trinity Force, because he gets more damage and utility from it (attack speed, movement speed, 30% chance to slow, larger Sheen proc damage). Iceborn is better for a bruiser overall.

Ashe and Draven benefit from crit because of their passives. All ADCs benefit from damage. Crit is based off of your current AD, so having crit but no damage is worthless.

Quote:
Also...Is this the right section? Or does this need to be moved?

You're fine.

Separated

03-07-2013

What I meant by losing in a team fight meaning it was 5vs5 and we lost. Doesnt matter where but they gain grounds but also retreated. What should I do then? I want to go out and farm but it is too dangerous. Lets say jungles are all taken. What else should I do? Our side of the minions are like across the map on their side that is why it is too risky to farm.

Lets also start from the basic concept. If you use ability and it crits, does it stacks up with your ability? For that last question, please give me a bit more examples. Also RH is a good item for ADC ( I think so) and what about Zephyr? How do you tell what items to go for depending on your champion? That is what im truly confused on. What is the difference between ADC champions.... ah.. like ADC champion is really general.. I would like to go more into details like categories of adc and such.

Hiryuu16

03-07-2013

It doesn't just depend on the champion, but depends on how the game is going and who you're up against.

Zephyr, for example, is one of very few items with Tenacity, for dealing with enemy CC. You may want to get that if the enemy has AoE crowd control, like Amumu's Ult. Hurricane is nice against groups, or clearing minions for a fast push. It's also good if your champ has stacking on-hit effects, like Twitch.