Ezreal - Need Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I recently picked up Ezreal.

He seems fun.

But i still dont know what to do to build him, most people go AD.

I need some good players that have played Ezreal for a long time to answer me these questions:

-What is the most common mistake in building Ezreals items?
-What should i avoid building?
-What should i avoid doing?
-What is my main role in a team fight?
-What is the best item build for Ezreal?

Thanks to anyone who will help me.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

Bump.

Nobody is good with Ezreal in this community?

Ultimate Noob Na

PantyKnight

01-08-2011

My personal build for Ezreal is:

Doran's Blade
Wriggles
Lucidity Boots
Sheen
LW
Tri Force
BT
BV/GA

Your purpose in teamfights is to poke at people from a distance, and go in for clean up.

Outside of a teamfight is where you shine, you king at killing and chasing people 1v1, because of wriggles you'll probabaly always have red buff, and Ezreal with red buff is scary as hell. With the wriggles, you can also duo dragon with your jungler for the free gold (you can solo but it might take too long, as your lane can be pushed), not to mention the free wards provided by wriggles, and the complete lane dominance.

Last Whisper is now made for Ezreal because now it's AD and not AS, which is what Ezreal needs exactly, the perfect mid game item, giving both AD and Armor pen. Sheen is gotten before Last Whisper to provide a nice damage boost to Mystic Shot and solves a bit of Ezreal's problems, you can always get blue with your wriggles, but usually you have a jungler, and you don't exactly want to cripple them, so when you need a buff try to invade the enemy's jungle, it's very easy with Ezreal, your E is a great escape mechanism. Triforce is gotten later for the damage increase on Mystic Shot, and also for the slow when you somehow do not have red buff, not to mention the movespeed boost is awesome for Ezreal, because he is such a slow champion, I had ran Boots 3 before Lucidity came out but with Lucidity and blue buff, your mystic shot cool down is 1.4 seconds if you hit sometime, add a red buff to that and you're an inescapable chaser. A Bloodthrister after your core build is awesome for the 100 AD and the life steal, I say 100 AD is because you rarely die with Ezreal, I usually flash and ghost, so along with E, it's pretty hard to die, the main reason of a BT is for the life steal, combined with Wriggles, if I get pretty low on a teamfight, I would go to a nearby camp and heal, a mordekaiser put an ult on you and you're almost dead? Well, E over a wall, and find the closest creep ASAP and laugh at the Morde. This is late but, for Wriggles, it gives you survivability in a lane, if your laning enemy is say, Pantheon or Malzahar, probably the worst lineups for Ezreal, once you have Wriggles, you can heal off their harass and harass them back. A Banshee's Veil or a Guardian's Angel is good for late game, both help in different ways, the first one gives you a bit more HP/MP while blocking spells which is helpful for Ezreal as he rarely gets hit and when he actually gets hit, guess what, it's blocked. Guardian's Angel is awesome for Ezreal as well, let's say your whole team ditches you (I know), and you get murdered by all of the enemies team, your goal before dying is to E or flash to a nearby wall, and as you die, press E, or get ready to press flash to go through that wall, after you're free, laugh at the enemy team and run for your life.

Sorry for all the blabbing, this isn't a guide but I wanted to fit an explanation of the item build =/

My runes are the basic harassing DPS:

Mark+Quint: Armor Pen (Sometimes I put 2 or 1 movespeed quint depending on my team comp)
Glyph+Seal: MP/5 per level.

My masteries are:
21/0/9
Taking CDR and Spell Pen, but not attack speed.

Ezreal's pro's are:
Poking
Chasing
Kiting
Clean up
1v1ing mid game
Turret diving mid game (Ult, Q, E, W, Auto attack, Q, usually works on low hp turret huggers)

-What is the most common mistake in building Ezreals items? Attack speed, he has plenty from his passive.
-What should i avoid building? Attack speed, although madreds can be viable if they have a tanky team, your spammy mystic shot pokes can really bring them down.
-What should i avoid doing? Charging straight into a team fight, you're Ezreal, not just a normal carry, you're squishy, and you excel in pokes.
-What is my main role in a team fight? You should stay behind EVERYONE or even over a wall where you can poke people, you go directly into the fight when there's people to be cleaned up, you are an awesome chasing if you have red buff.
-What is the best item build for Ezreal? I believe mine to the most efficient, I have what, like a 88% win rate with him, and I've never went negative before.

costas84

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayateKyun View Post
My personal build for Ezreal is:

Doran's Blade
Wriggles
Lucidity Boots
Sheen
LW
Tri Force
BT
BV/GA

Your purpose in teamfights is to poke at people from a distance, and go in for clean up.

Outside of a teamfight is where you shine, you king at killing and chasing people 1v1, because of wriggles you'll probabaly always have red buff, and Ezreal with red buff is scary as hell. With the wriggles, you can also duo dragon with your jungler for the free gold (you can solo but it might take too long, as your lane can be pushed), not to mention the free wards provided by wriggles, and the complete lane dominance.

Last Whisper is now made for Ezreal because now it's AD and not AS, which is what Ezreal needs exactly, the perfect mid game item, giving both AD and Armor pen. Sheen is gotten before Last Whisper to provide a nice damage boost to Mystic Shot and solves a bit of Ezreal's problems, you can always get blue with your wriggles, but usually you have a jungler, and you don't exactly want to cripple them, so when you need a buff try to invade the enemy's jungle, it's very easy with Ezreal, your E is a great escape mechanism. Triforce is gotten later for the damage increase on Mystic Shot, and also for the slow when you somehow do not have red buff, not to mention the movespeed boost is awesome for Ezreal, because he is such a slow champion, I had ran Boots 3 before Lucidity came out but with Lucidity and blue buff, your mystic shot cool down is 1.4 seconds if you hit sometime, add a red buff to that and you're an inescapable chaser. A Bloodthrister after your core build is awesome for the 100 AD and the life steal, I say 100 AD is because you rarely die with Ezreal, I usually flash and ghost, so along with E, it's pretty hard to die, the main reason of a BT is for the life steal, combined with Wriggles, if I get pretty low on a teamfight, I would go to a nearby camp and heal, a mordekaiser put an ult on you and you're almost dead? Well, E over a wall, and find the closest creep ASAP and laugh at the Morde. This is late but, for Wriggles, it gives you survivability in a lane, if your laning enemy is say, Pantheon or Malzahar, probably the worst lineups for Ezreal, once you have Wriggles, you can heal off their harass and harass them back. A Banshee's Veil or a Guardian's Angel is good for late game, both help in different ways, the first one gives you a bit more HP/MP while blocking spells which is helpful for Ezreal as he rarely gets hit and when he actually gets hit, guess what, it's blocked. Guardian's Angel is awesome for Ezreal as well, let's say your whole team ditches you (I know), and you get murdered by all of the enemies team, your goal before dying is to E or flash to a nearby wall, and as you die, press E, or get ready to press flash to go through that wall, after you're free, laugh at the enemy team and run for your life.

Sorry for all the blabbing, this isn't a guide but I wanted to fit an explanation of the item build =/

My runes are the basic harassing DPS:

Mark+Quint: Armor Pen (Sometimes I put 2 or 1 movespeed quint depending on my team comp)
Glyph+Seal: MP/5 per level.

My masteries are:
21/0/9
Taking CDR and Spell Pen, but not attack speed.

Ezreal's pro's are:
Poking
Chasing
Kiting
Clean up
1v1ing mid game
Turret diving mid game (Ult, Q, E, W, Auto attack, Q, usually works on low hp turret huggers)

-What is the most common mistake in building Ezreals items? Attack speed, he has plenty from his passive.
-What should i avoid building? Attack speed, although madreds can be viable if they have a tanky team, your spammy mystic shot pokes can really bring them down.
-What should i avoid doing? Charging straight into a team fight, you're Ezreal, not just a normal carry, you're squishy, and you excel in pokes.
-What is my main role in a team fight? You should stay behind EVERYONE or even over a wall where you can poke people, you go directly into the fight when there's people to be cleaned up, you are an awesome chasing if you have red buff.
-What is the best item build for Ezreal? I believe mine to the most efficient, I have what, like a 88% win rate with him, and I've never went negative before.
Thanks a lot mate, this will help me a lot.

PantyKnight

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84 View Post
Thanks a lot mate, this will help me a lot.
No problem, I've always wanted to make an Ezreal guide but was too lazy so helping out works too ^_^

Obversity

01-09-2011

Tried building him AP? I just bought him, and I'm having fun with AP builds, maxing W and E first with one rank of Q. The range on W is deceptive during laning, and the AP scaling is high enough to make it hurt later in the game. Lichbane rounds out any AP build nicely because the effect (as do all other on hit effects) works with your Q. The AP scaling on his ulti is very nice, as well, and long shots at friendly sieged towers when no one is there to protect them can be both a saving grace and deadly.