Getting Stiffed on League Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimeStar

03-06-2013

I have read the rules of how it works and understand why I got 3 League Points for my last win and 8 LP the previous win. The rules say that I am getting boned on LP because I am "Underqualified for Silver division". After being under .500 all the way until around 200 ranked games, i have worked my way up to 12 wins over .500 and 322 total games under my belt.

12 wins over .500 and 322 total ranked games = Bronze 1 getting 2LP per win.

My friend:

5 games over .500 with 17 total ranked games = Silver 4

Short story shorter:

More ranked experience with a better win ratio, and I'm the one in a **** division getting 2 LP per game.

iTziLLiRL

03-06-2013

If you're in the 90s sometimes 80's this begins to happen, why? IDK it happens at weird times, maybe it has something to do with how much you're winning in a row or something, possibly 3+ wins in a row that got you to 90 LP now your pts from now on will only move by 2-6 or so, happened to myself and a friend of mines

Fanaticmogg

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCharl View Post
More ranked experience
This may be it. If you've played more games, the system has more confidence in your position, so it'll try to keep you at that position unless it's very clear that you should be higher.

With the numbers you gave, your winrate is about 53.7% - not too much higher than 50%. Also, short-term winning streaks have less of an effect on your MMR than keeping your winrate high over many games. In addition, the first 10 ranked games you play have much greater value than any games played after that.

If the numbers you gave for your friend are accurate (and I'm interpreting them correctly), your friend's overall winrate is nearly 80%. At 17 games played, you'd need 8.5 wins to have a 50% winrate, and you say your friend has 5 more wins than that, putting them at 13.5 wins and 3.5 losses compared to your 173 wins and 149 losses.

Edit: Checked your LoLKing statistics, and according to that, you're at 167 wins to 159 losses. That's a 51% win rate. You're where you should be,