Monitor losing signal - have to force shut down pc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tekneek

03-06-2013

It took me ages to figure out what was causing this problem. Turns out whenever I'm playing league and either have pandora/youtube open or if im streaming on twitch My League of Legends will 80% of the time randomly cut to black, Monitor will say no signal. and i will only hear things and be forced to hard-shutdown my PC.

I have updated drivers, BIOS, replaced RAM, and even rebuilt my PC almost entirely and my problem was not resolved. I've played starcraft2 and other games and never ever had this issue. Today i found out my cousin has the same exact problem.

Somebody, Anybody please tell us how to solve this.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Either the load on your Power Supply is too much, due to the power draw of the components in the system under load exceeding what it can push out. Or your GPU is bad, and the added load of League, not all games are equal in this regard, is causing it to fail. Either due to overheating or it has bad VRAM.

tekneek

03-06-2013

i just dont see how thats possible, new 650W power supply and radeon hd 6850.

I can run endless programs and have league running but as soon as i launch something with flash in a browser it almost always crashes.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekneek View Post
i just dont see how thats possible, new 650W power supply and radeon hd 6850.

I can run endless programs and have league running but as soon as i launch something with flash in a browser it almost always crashes.
I would be leaning towards the VRAM on the GPU itself possibly having a problem. You can uninstall Adobe Air and Flash, and install them again to see if the issue clears up. If it doesn't...

Run OCCT with Error Checking and utilizing max memory, it will check the GPU for errors in VRAM. It is about the most accurate you can get outside of the manufacturer testing at their facilities.

http://www.ocbase.com/

When you open the program click the tab GPU:3D.
Then select DirectX10, set the resolution to that of your display, enable full screen.
Next check the box that says Error Check, then Memory Used. Enter 2048MB and hit the "ON" button.

You should get a full screen of the fuzzy doughnut, but it won't be moving. Let it run an hour or so. Watch temps and if there are any errors reported. This information is contained in yellow in the upper right.

If it shuts down during this test or temps get too hot, above 80c typically isn't good, then you may have an issue.

tekneek

03-06-2013

thanks for the suggestion, i let it run for a while came back and it said crysis2.exe has stopped responding. looks like it ran for 41minutes, I didnt see any errors and temps werent bad here are the picture results if you want to see them. Im not really sure how to read them

http://imgur.com/p8enc4R,uoP2zgA,S9z...X1r,DwTozuD#15

Eman305

06-21-2013

bump

HarryOrunitia

06-22-2013

Bump