So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

The Enlightened One sat meditating in her tent as her troops rested for the night, weary from both the day’s battle and the thought of the many more to come in the following days. The enemy was ruthless and the Noxian ladies, in particular, were scantily clad and unrefined. It was clear that they didn’t find her a threat. The appeal of destroying her enemies with a balanced game had fallen long out of favor.

She also felt very threatened by the deadliness of Irelia, the resilience of Udyr, and the sheer sensual beauty of Ahri, Lee Sin, and Varus. Her people no longer respected her.

In a fit of rage, Karma burned both her elegant dress and fans, the latter which were her final beloved memento from her deceased family and devastated home town as well as her channel for her wind magic which she never really used, borrowed clothes from Syndra who was chained up in prison and wanted nothing more than to destroy the Elders of Ionia, and had Lee Sin the blind tattoo artist draw on her arms.

Then she learned to shoot lasers from a blue ring on her head and became badass.

Her army blamed Teemo shrooms.

MadridFC

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free:
= GO AND BUY HER NOW

at least that was got on my mind :P

And btw HOT karma is HOT, looks like at least for me IronStylus´s girls got a new challenger

Arkham Warlock

03-06-2013

Just wanted to chime in and say I adore the rework.

As for constructive criticism, I understand that this is only a press release for the sake of Karma's media - her splash art, in-game pixels, etc. (Though thanks to Scarizard for the sweet mechanical hints). Initially, I can say that I adore the new look. The screenshots on the first page with her blasting Katarina with focused energy just looks fantastic.

Here's my question, however, for any Riot employee willing to answer it - Are these her final pixels? Or will you adjust her slightly as time draws closer to her PBE release?

All in all, great job. And I really -really- appreciate the Vintage Skin idea. It's a superb way to keep your player base happy.

catraven

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softspoken View Post
There's a few cultural differences between having a man shirtless and having a woman shirtless. Just saying.
i have no problem at all with bare-chested female champs. i bet most players don't either. in fact i'm sure the game would become more popular and seen as a bleeding edge game.

GetSharked

03-06-2013

Classic Karma skin can't just send her spirit essence or w/e through her fans (or one fan? ; - ; )

Add fans to her dance? Or if you can't add them to the dance put them on the recall maybe. At least make them something she plays with when she is stationary. Or make it like Malzahar, put them on her waste or something, show she uses them every now and then for a joke or taunt, or stationary animation, just not for fighting. Someone that hot needs to have some fans on her anyways.

Also since she doesn't use fans, can we has fan dancer assassin/ap carry/fighter champion? ;D
@morrello pls

Kinreave

03-06-2013

I just hope the Explosive-death-baiting-shield of manliness sticks around....

Ecourts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Maybe you could give her fans in the recall animation, similar to Jade Cassiopeia, at least in the Traditional Skin?

olafmere

03-06-2013

hi morello

Moroza

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
i want to post that those who don't like nice looking girls and say it's biased must look to trynd, ryze, lee sin and other male champs who are all bare chested. there are no bare-chested female champs none. so in actual fact we should be seeing more skin, not less on the female models. to get even some remote semblance of unbias we need at least 1 bare-chested female champ. i add to that that female champs like tristana, diana, lulu, ashe, quinn and annie are already dressed head to toe and covered up already
Bare chests on women are more sexualized than it is on men

Annie would be illegal to show more skin on
Tristana, Lulu, and Poppy are yordles and they don't resemble humans enough for them to under dress and not look ridiculous rather than sexy.
Ashe is in a mini skirt and has a low cut neckline. While its not the worst fanservice on the game it still counts.

So you've got Quin and Diana ... Compare that to all the other male champions that have full body clothes/armor and that's not saying much. (Not to mention the body types range much more for the male characters than it does the female. Even Nami and Soraka fall into the body-type and they're not suppose to be human!)

Muranodo

03-06-2013

Just wanted to repost it for this page:

Has any consideration been given towards refunds (skin-wise) at least prior to her release? I think some special case arguments could be made given the nature of what you decided to do with her, actually, versus other visual updates. I've been looking at the art for both her classic and remake version---and I honestly really feel sick right now. I can't see the Sakura skin having any previous value that it had before without the fans and if the kimono is showing leg now. Just sounds awkward.