So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Disappointing. I find it a bit hard to understand how any player would be okay with their champion's signature weapon being removed. I'd be nice if the Traditional rig's dress could be adjusted yet at least since some of her original VO is going to be kept. The fan loss would be slightly less painful then.

But it's becoming a matter of let down after let down now with "future insight." Jade Fang Cassiopeia, Steel Legion Lux, Celestine Soraka, and the matter of look-a-like Zyra (why don't her eyeballs match her splash yet? The white eyes are unsettling), Synra, and Elise in basic body.

I hope the Sakura Skin looks amazing when remade now and at least embodies some of her original qualities rather than shouts paragon, paragon, paragon. In short, I find myself really mad; I've been finding myself more and more mad about the way content is being handled for the core fan group as of late. I shudder to think what will result of Trundle.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

This...this is going to take a moment to absorb. I'll get some good feedback in later. Just...finished...writing...something...insane.... on the item feedback forum.

I really hope I don't miss the red boat on this one. I might just be a Karma fan.

Initial impression are...hmmm very mixed and need sorting.

Basically I saw the leak and was terrified. I'm still very unsure if I'm happy with what I'm seeing. It's certainly not what I was hoping.

That said, the Traditional Skin hits some of the right notes. Notably the dress redesign of the Traditional seems a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately it seems you removed a lot I liked, abandoned parts I feel could just be improved, and kept the one freaking thing I absolutely hate about her base skin. (I stick to Sakura because I loath that unexplained floating thing)

It sucks but I'll likely be railing against a lot of these changes. Give me some time and I'll make sure it's worth reading.

JevelFaithful

03-06-2013

Gj riot. The artwork that was floating around was meh. this ont is Awesome.

Battletick

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemys View Post
Now that she is definitely ethnic and of a darker skin tone, why does her new default have straight hair?
Ugh, her skin tone is exactly the same on new model as current one... Maybe you never saw Karma before?

DrRowan

03-06-2013

First of all, thank you for the rework of the kit and image and thank you Riot for the free skin, I love it that it's like her original classic skin but more warrior like, I love battle mages like Nidalee. And I hope in the kit rework that you keep Mantras cause those are what really attracted me to her, but I do think she is a little under powered in comparison to other champions like Lux/Orianna/Veigar ect. She right now is alot more utility with her heal and shield, but if would be nice if she had a wee bit more burst potential. ^^

Edit: Forgot, her new default skin looks kind of like Chun Li. XD

Faptain Teemo

03-06-2013

I have a feeling that fanless Karma is gonna be all psionic and shizz. Looks like Psylocke.

TheFlyingToaster

03-06-2013

@Morello or Whoever, why didn't Karma get a thread where you could vote on what you wanted to see. Remember that Soraka got one, and Sejuani got one about gameplay. Why wasn't one made for the community to vote. The whole Fan issue could have been avoided if it had. Cause frankly the reasoning behind removing it seems flimsy to me. Soraka kept her hand sycle thing even though she's a healer, and sejuani wears a bikini even though she lives in a tundra. The removal of the fans just seems really... well, pointless and silly.

IceNinja42

03-06-2013

As a very very dedicated karma fan, i am utterly ecstatic about this. I do however have one single measly little question.

When can you open up the PBE for more people so that this glorious being may be shared with the world more wholesomely?

MB2 MastrPadwan

03-06-2013

SHOCK THE NATION !!! I love what you are doing with Karma I have always wanted to see her more and I thank you all so much for doing this to Karma. I have friends that have recently (couple months) started playing and have never have even seen her! So this is a great way to share her with the world! I also love how you are keeping a traditional skin, thank you so much! <3

iSpiderMan

03-06-2013

Omg so excited to play her again its been to long!