So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
To me personally, the fan was a bit off. Flying fans? Ok. It just didn't depict the magical aura that Karma should've conveyed, so I'm really glad you removed it. Also, I did buy Karma when she first came out, but after many months of seeing her in the League, I have to say she just stood out too much - in a bad way. It was like she had her own category, which I guess is the reason why fans like her so much (no puns intended), but yeah, tbh it's also the main reason why she's probably the lowest-picked champ in the game. So thank you so much for the change. I will definitely not use the traditional skin BUT maybe like a year or two when the traditional skin is 'rare' then I will start using it haha.

Edit: To all those fans supporting the old Karma, where were all of you these past few years may I ask? Cause considering the percentage of supporters on here, she should've been played MUCH more...... but statistically, that isn't so.

Potato404

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

my 1 question is whos next on the rework list?

Davidt1234

03-06-2013

WHOAAA FREE SKIN I STILL <3 KARMA GUYS XD im like the .5% of ppl who play karma every once in a while XD OHMERGERD XD omg this totally makes up for my leave yesterday

TheRealZedShady

03-06-2013

Truth be told, I've always loved that quite air dignity Karma had about her. How she knew she was better than everybody else but hid her smile behind her fan not wanting to brag. Please bring the fan back. If only in her /l. She could quietly chuckle as her fan conceals her true emotions. A leader can seldom afford to show there true emotions, they must be strong in the face of adversity. But are leaders not people too? Don't they look back a simpler time a enjoy a bit of nostalgia if only for a moment? While Karma has risen to help her fellow Ionians, she can't afford to throw away her past entirely. Karma fans are a reminder of who she once was as well as who she has to be. She can no more get rid of her fans than she can her past.

TL;DR THE FANS MUST STAY

LovesToSplooge

03-06-2013

I do not own Karma but i have played her a lot during free weeks and just pushed her aside and never purchased her due to other champs but since she is getting a rework even more reason to buy her. I was wondering if I would get the skin if i got Karma now. So what is the release date for this rework?

AL Penguin

03-06-2013

As a Karma player and someone how loves Karma's design, here's some of the few things I loved about the old Karma design and some suggestions and criticisms about where to go with the new one:

When I see karma, these words come to mind:

Respectable, inspirational, political, willful, Matronly, Civilized, Dignified, Proud, Fierce, someone who's not afraid to show her confidence in front of a crowd of fifteen thousand.

She's like the mother who takes her charge to the big city to demand justice for her slain children. Her walk is straight and regal, she needs no seduction or the usual "bad girl" attitude to get what she wants. She's the opposite of Casseopeia in that matter. I feel like while Casseopeia would forge the treaty by cavorting with everyone behind each other's backs, Karma would do it by delivering a 20 minute inspiration speech.

Not that I dislike the VU, but this new karma looks too... spritelike... mystic, powerful but intravert and prone to hide behind a tree upon human contact. She replaces her signature open-hearted matronly fire with hidden exotic powers of nidalee or malzahar.

The fans are a bit like her symbol of power, like a scepter for everyone to see; with only her hands to channel her power, she feels secretive and primal. But aethetically for me, it's not just the fans, it's also the dress. It's too skimpy, too exotic. Gone is the victorian feeling of pride and power; she looks like a priestess of a forbidden cult (which is fine) or an arabian princess going on a husband-hunt, but where's her open-ness and willpower? Even her eyes are closed in the visual. And OH boy that leg is gonna throw up such a scandal!

Perhaps what I love best is her white/black theme and how it compliments her kit: the way you use her skill mantra'd is diametrically opposite of what you use her skills when non-mantra'd. Her q damages opponents but heals allies when ulted, her w is used passively as aoe damage/speed buff in a team fight but is used as actively a ganking/chasing tool when ulted, her e shields allies but damages enemy when ulted. With all those ulterior motives, it's almost as if she's a politician! Jokes aside, her white/black nature is part of what makes her flavourful.

I love the fact that you're remaking her. Thank god. She's one of those "we can't buff her too much or she'll become OP" champions, especially because she has her ult at lvl 1 and her skills goes up to 6. But I hope she doesn't become another "cookiecutter" model and forgo what makes her Karma: the fierce, caring and open-hearted political diplomat that inspired her people and impressed the summoners of the Institute of War of the Lore days.

As a final note, like what many people said, what made her fun to play is that she's UNIQUE, both playstyle-wise and her themes.

Detahmaio

03-06-2013

This is going to make her popular like that rush of annie players. sigh..

Naokazu

03-06-2013

Another female champ with huge **** showing copious amounts of skin, why am I not surprised?

Cendeu

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.

I personally love the new look and the new look OF the old look, but I can add input of my brother's.

He personally dislikes that the new Traditional skin doesn't have a closed dress. The new "back dress with tassel in front" (Honestly, I have no idea what it's called) is a change he dislikes. He doesn't really mind that the fans are gone, though.

I have to admit, I sorta like her old dress... but I like her new one too. So I'm happy either way.

Squeezoid

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annapii View Post
Correction. You don't like or use the original Karma.

A lot of people did like and use the original Karma. I was one of them. And now it feels like Riot took away the champion that we enjoyed, changed her into a skin, and gave her name to a different champion.

I have nothing against the new Karma. She's not a bad champion. She's just not Karma.
i cant agree more, this is not Karma this is a new champion and pure BS